It's Really Not That Painful - Virginia

The only problem that i have is the draining tubes...

the only problem that i have is the draining tubes it is very uncomfortable and that u can't sleep the way u want to but the pain itself is not that painful to me everybody body is different so u might not feel like i do, i cant get no sleep at night because u have to sleep a current way which is very uncomfortable see it is 4:42am because i cant get no sleep.but other then that i think i'm goin to be very please with the outcome,then again u have this burning sensation in ur stitches that mean it healing,i got my full tt and lipo on march 18th i have to go to the doctor tomorrow hopefully he will remove these drains i have 3 drain and it is very uncomfortable but people had a tt said that it going to feel much better.

Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

dr G will take the time with you he will explain to you what procedure will be best for u rather u need just lipo,or a mini tt or a full tt he will also let u no what is going on with ur tummy.after u had your surgery he will call u to make sure everything is ok even if u have any problem after being released u can call his anwsering service they will page him and he will call u right back if you looking to have a tt and your in the hampton roads area look up dr, G he have over 20years of experince.

i agree...the drains are so frustrating !! once they are removed u feel so much more advanced in ur recovery. the freedom to move more naturally is liberating!!
I felt very similar to you. I had a full tt on 2/28/11. I have been mainly uncomfortable not in much pain. I will agree that the drains are another story. They are painful especially when switching postions. You will feel much better once they are removed.

Hang on because it will get better after the drains are out.   All up hill from here but it just takes time.

Keep up on the pain meds and rest all you can.
I had a tummy tuck / lipo and had to keep the tube for 10 days. I used sleeping pills and pain killers. I was given celebrex but I don't like the side effects and once the prescription finished I swithced to ibuprofen (400mg) and this was better.

The recovery is fairly easy but have to wear the elastic garment for 6 weeks which helps.

I am happy I got it done.

I hope you get some good sleep soon! Three drains is a lot and I have my fingers crossed that they'll come out at your appointment. Let us know how your'e doing as you heal!

Thanks for your post. Glad your doing good. I am going in 3-31 for a full tt with muscle tighten & a breast lift. Post like yours make me a little less fearful going in. Did you have your stomach muscles tightened with your tummy tuck too?