Radiesse, What They Won't Tell You - Virginia

I had Radiesse fillers over a year ago and it...

I had Radiesse fillers over a year ago and it still shows thru my under eye area. I have had severe immune problems ever since this experience.

It indicates on the website under patient info (Merz Company) that you should not have this product injected if you have multiple allergies. It does not indicate exactly what is in the product that could cause the problems (guess I need a bio-chemist for this one). Found out this too late and my doctor never informed me of any possible allergic reaction.

If anyone knows what is in this product that could be harmful please let us all know. They claim it is all natural but it is in fact a synthetic. LHD

Make sure you have a cosmetic surgeon or a doctor with A LOT of experience do these injections. My injections were not performed deep enough as I was informed by another physician (second opinion) after the fact. My physician did not warn me about possible allergic reactions.

I worked in a MedSpa and was in the clinical trials for Radiesse and was lucky enough to get it for free! I loved it! I looked years younger when I had it. I got sick with MRSA and lost a lot of weight and had facial wasting especially in the naso labial area and cheeks. I only had the nasolabial area done.
I have sever multiple allergies and had NO problems. Radiesse is made of Calcium. It is natural. It IS hypo allergenic. People with multiple allergies can be prone to auto immune diseases with or without Radiesse. Sounds like a coincidence.
It also help the area build collagen.
I only wish I could afford it.
I was assured this because of my severe allergies they said it is a chemical that is already in your body and no one is allergic to it nor does it cause any syndromes of any kind. I was shown the ONLY ingredient in Calcium.

I had Radiesse injected almost a month ago. There was very little swelling and only one tiny bruise.
After three weeks plus of feeling ten years younger, I woke up with terrible itching in the injected areas. I went to say something to my husband and he said to call the doctor immediately! When I looked in the mirror I was extremely swollen, red and large red patches at the injection site. My doctor is wonderful about this. She has done thousands of Radiesse injections and mine is only the second delayed reaction. The Prednisone brought the swelling down to about half what it was. My fear is if it will return once I'm off the Prednisone.
The company and my doctor both said it is a reaction from the Radiesse.

Dear behen,

Firstly I am sorry for your experience and I hope things improve. This product is not approved for use under the eyes and your injector should have notified you of this fact.

As far as being "all-natural" was this your physician again? The product is synthetic (as stated in the instructions for use), which is what you want in a hypoallergenic injectable.

Has your physician given any recommendations for treatment such as non-ablative fraxel?

Hi behen,

Welcome to the Radiesse community. Hmm, it sounds like you are having similar side effects as mentioned by other community members. You should check out our Radiesse forum post about Under Eyes, it might help for info and support. Have you seen anyone about how you are feeling and the problem under your eyes? Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt