Coolsculpting a Week Ago - Virginia

I had coolsculpting a week ago and hate to say it...

I had coolsculpting a week ago and hate to say it but I am in pain. The procedure itself was not painful (nor was it "comfortable") but a day or two after, I started with shooting pains and intense burning/tingling. I feel like such a wimp when I read this board and most posts say there is NO pain and it's no big deal. I wake up several times a night taking motrin. I am hoping it will end soon and I will be happy with the results.

I am 5'9 and weigh 135 but have some belly fat from having babies. I don't want to lose any more weight and I work out 4/5 times a week. It was initially discussed that the MD would use the smaller device in 2 areas (left and right side of abdomen). To save time, we did the large one for an hour. When the nurse put it on me, she said "let me know if you feel light headed...some people cant handle the larger treatment". I'm thinking the smaller one is less intense.

I need to wait and see results

I am having the same. Had Coolsculpting two days ago and am tender, feel tingling like pins sticking, numb, achy and itchy! I think that the reports of no pain are not accurate. It may depend on how much or how little fat you take into the machine. I had a big spare tire around the lower abdomen that all went into the machine so that may be why I felt added pain during and now am having more pain than usual after the procedure. Hope this is not gonna get worse like some people are stating! However, if this works it will be worth it to be rid of the flab and I would even do it again to be rid of the fat!
I am 3 weeks post treatment now, and the pain is basically gone. It started five days after, and lasted for 11 days. It was really bad. I thought I had some sort of infection because I didn't think there was supposed to be pain, just numbness, tingling, soreness...... Ice helped, but once I removed it, there was no change. No OTC pain relievers helped. I ended up taking percocet for 5 days, after convincing the doctor. I was told by the doc that new studies are showing up to 20% of patients are experiencing this side effect. It felt like hundreds of bee stings 24/7. They also compared it to the pain of shingles. I still have numbness and tingling, but I hardly notice it. All this said, I probably still would have done it even if I knew this was a risk. Better option than surgery.
Glad that the pain is now gone :)) Can you say the experience was worth it? Are you seeing the results you hoped for?
please update I'm thinking of doing the procedure and want to hear about your results thanks
I paid $1,500 for my abdomen with the large piece. Same issue....bulge of fat bellow belly button and all my workouts/situps did nothing major. Still waiting to see results but will keep you posted.
Thank you for the information. That's what my Dr wants to charge, but he's in a fancy part of LA so I wasn't sure whether the price was inflated. I'm also worried that it'll be of less value to me since I don't have much extra fat and all the reports are about percentages, not inches. I don't want to pay as much to lose less than other people, so maybe lipo would be better.
Hi... I had the same procedure 5days ago and I am experiencing similar pains. Nothing too bad during or immediately after, but last night and today have been kind of intense. Same shooting pains as you described. Ibuprofen doesn't seem to help much, I am going to try Aleve next. Has it gotten better since your post?
yes...it has gotten better! I am happy to say that I can sleep now.For some reason the pain was worse at night and would wake me up. Now I'm just waiting (and hoping) I'll have good results. Fingers crossed......hope you get better soon.
Hi...I think everyone has different pain thresholds. Although I am 5'4 and weight 115 I had the large one on my abdomen and I normally have a very sensitive stomach. But for some reason I had little pain during or after, just a few twinges. Continue with the motrin but also avoid snug clothing or pressure in the area and that might help.
5'4" and 115 lbs sounds so thin already! I'm two inches shorter and weigh more! I'm jealous. I'm considering getting the Zeltiq procedure but wonder if it'll do what I want. I want to get rid of a bulge of fat below my belly button. It's probably an inch or two thick. DO you think the procedure would get rid of all of it? Did you guys lose that much fat? They say 25-50% reduction but since I don't have much I want it to all be gone. Is that realistic? Also, is $1500 a good price for one session of the large piece?
I paid $1300 for the large piece. Maybe you can negotiate? I know that if I have more areas done it's %500 for each additional area.