Multiple Surgeries, Same Side Continues to Capsule

I have a concern about my sub muscular implants,...

I have a concern about my sub muscular implants, that perhaps a professional in this community can provide assistance. I have had 3 open capsulotomy procedures, the last in Dec 09. (My history: Original implants in 2004, no problem; 2nd surgery in 2008 for exchange. 1st capsule removed in June, 2nd in November; all in 2008. 3rd capsule removed in Dec 09)

For some reason the same side continues to capsule. My surgeon stated he has tried all recommendations out there to alleviate this problem, eg, cingular, surgery, and change in implant size. I recommended a culture as another surgeon implied a low grade infection, however my surgeon stated a culture was done during my last surgery; results unknown.

I originally had the procedure to achieve a more proportioned frame. However looking back on it all, I wish I had more insight during my initial consultation to make a better choice in implant size the very first time, opposed to having a 2nd surgery.

What can be done at this point? I am approximately 5 weeks post op from my last procedure, and the signs of hardening are present. Is there any hope for me? Thanks

I recommend all interested in plastic surgery to research the procedure and its implications regardless of the provider.

Be the first to comment...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.