Scared and Excited - Virginia, VA

First, let me say thank you to all who have gone...

First, let me say thank you to all who have gone before me. Your stories are so helpful. So here goes mine. After nursing 3 kids, I was left with very sad, saggy breasts -- see picture:(

So in 2005 I had saline implants placed under the muscle, they were about 350 CC, along with a benelli lift. For the past two years I've been researching having them removed. I feel they are too big for my body and I have been covering them up ever since I got them. I dread going to the pool with my kids b/c I feel like everyone just stares at my chest. I hate doing yoga b/c they pop out of my tops and I pretty much only wear t-shirts to down play them. I feel like when I look in the mirror, they aren't that bad, but when I see a picture of myself I realize how big and how top heavy I look. They just aren't me, never have been.

Two PS have recommended deflating the implants in order to determine if I need a lift prior to removal. But one said that I may not have enough tissue for a lift and I will be left with very sad, saggy breasts again. I'm okay with very small breasts, I just don't want sad and saggy and am hoping a lift will prevent this. Worst case, at least I will have smaller aerolas:)

Thoughts and words of encouragement. I don't really have any issues other than very very thin skin - I can actually feel the implant on the sides and see it popping through my muscle, lovely right?

I just want to be natural again and am thinking they are going to have to come out eventually. So why not now? I'm 46, 5'2", 115 pounds, scared and excited.

Could you post a picture of them deflated?
I have actually already had them removed and haven't gotten the pictures of my before, post deflation. Essentially it took an entire 3 months for the one to deflate and the other never entirely deflated and the dr. punctured each implant at least 3 times. I would massage them, squeeze them like crazy, trying to get them to deflate. They actually looked pretty good deflated, lost all that upper pole fullness. I had them removed Jan. 27 with a benelli lift. They look really good, but the skin around my nipple is still relaxing, so I'm not there yet, but everyday they look so much better than having those huge implants. Two people commented that I lost weight. I just wanted to respond "like 600 ccs." But I didn't, I just took the complement. It's amazing you don't realize how big they were until they are gone.
I totally understand. I looked like your pre-BA picture except alittle less saggy.....NO tissue at all. I hated how they just draped on the bed when I laid on my side and how the skin got pinched:-/ I had them out but, don't know the final size since I have had swelling. The swelling is like a tease. If I could keep the A I would love to. HOWEVER, if I am flat as a board, it is still better than dealing with implants.
I hardly had any swelling. I am wearing a b cup, probably could squeeze into an A. I think having the lift pulled what little tissue I had together, so I have a nice perky little breast. They look so much better than my pre-BA. As soon as I have time, I'll post new pics of my after.
I look fwd to the reveal!
You are a lot braver than I am... going for the deflation first. Can you see or feel the bag? I am scared and excited also!
It was such a painless thing. A little bit of anesthesia, like at the dentist, which I didn't even feel. It's been four days and they are slowly deflating, which is good, so I don't panic when they are totally flat. But I am finding that I have more breast tissue than pre-BA and they look really good. I can feel the implant when I squeeze it, but I can't feel it or see it otherwise. I am so glad I did it this way. My breasts are nice and soft and I actually like how the look. Hopefully I'll get a picture posted today.

Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf! Saline implants do have the advantage of being able to deflate them to give your bod a "test run". Do you think you'll have them drained?

We are here for you through this journey!

I just made the appointment to have them drained. It's set for Oct. 21. The more I look at my implants the more upset I get. The doctor said I will have very little breast tissue to work with, but I'd rather have tiny boobs than these giant balls on my chest. Thanks for your support.

I think small, cute breasts are the way to go! :)

Hello dear! Most women have gotten their implants removed without a lift, because your boobs can surprise you. And pop back! Check out the women who commented on my profile and look at their results without a lift, :)