20/400, 37 Yr Old Tired of Contacts - Now 20/10 38 Yr Old - Virginia Beach, VA

Found First Colonial Eye Center in Virginia Beach,...

Found First Colonial Eye Center in Virginia Beach, VA (Dr. Rampona) by talking to friend who had undergone Supralase procedure. Thoroughly researched the surgery and all other options and determined Supralase to be minimally invasive compared to other techniques with high success rate. I was 20/20 after 2 weeks, and I am 20/10 a year later with no side effects. Dr. Rampona and his staff thoroughly explained everything and made me feel extremely comfortable before, during, and after procedure. Dr. Rampona inserts tear duct plugs during procedure based on patient's tear production; he typically does not remove them until 1 year after the procedure unless patient doesn't want them. I originally wanted them removed due to minor irritation during certain eye movements (looking as far left or right as I could felt like someone was poking my eye), but after 9 months I no longer notice that they are there.
Virginia Beach Ophthalmologist

Dr. Rampona seems to live, eat, breath eye surgery. He thoroughly explained everything (including what it would feel like during and after procedure) and provided two cell #s for use post-op, in case of any issues. Awesome doctor!