Fat Transfer to Face and Cheeks....very Conservative Approach - Virginia Beach, VA

I was going in for a touch up on my nose...

I was going in for a touch up on my nose (technically considered my third rhinoplasty in 11 years) and my doctor recommended a tiny bit of fat in my nose to make the result more symmetrical. I figured if I was being put under and he was already harvesting fat, I may as well get some to my newly sunken cheeks (turning 35 soon; just went from 145-125 over the summer) and my lips have always been pretty average/somewhat thin.

My doctor and I decided on a very subtle approch. He is conservative by nature, and I have been known to swell up like a balloon.

The surgery was uneventful. The only problem I had night of surgery was a small amount of bleeding at the donor site on my left flank. (He couldnt get any viable fat on my lower abdomen)

So, here I am one day out and I have NO bruising! My lips are swollen but I kind of like them that way! haha. He did start me on vitamins and arnica that he provided days before surgery. I think that helped.

I go for my 1st post op Friday, where I have a sneaking suspicion he will want to do more in my cheeks, as I see that there is still some age realted sagging in the skin.

Day Three post op...addding new pics and another...

Day Three post op...addding new pics and another before that shows the difference in my cheeks. This is the first day I feel pain in my cheeks, but I have had ZERO pain killers. Just valium to keep me placated watching television in bed.

4 weeks....just got back from post op appointment....

4 weeks....just got back from post op appointment. I will go back in 6 weeks to see about getting some juvederm to replump the lips. otherwise I am happy with the results! Will probably go in for another fat transfer in a year or two.

Hi guys...sending an update. It is now 3 months...

Hi guys...sending an update. It is now 3 months post op and I LOVE the results. I updated in the replies below, so make sure to read that! I did go in for a touch up on March 4th and got 1/2 a vial juvederm in my lips and he injected my cheek area with some fat he had frozen from the surgery. I will say...it was PAINFUL! But it was over quickly and I was fine once the buzzing nerve pain went away (lasted only a few seconds)

One year later

One year later and still holding up! I did gain about 10 pounds, which helped with the facial fullness.
Also started getting jeverderm to lips. ;-)
Ill probably go back in for a touch up in about a year.
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon