Outstanding Result and Care - Virginia Beach, VA

I recently had facial surgery with Dr. James...

I recently had facial surgery with Dr. James Carraway. The surgery was done in part to correct a prior neck/jaw surgery which had resulted in some disfigurement.

As I'm only in my 40's, I especially did not want to appear to have had facial surgery, and was worried that my face might looked pulled after surgery. I can happily report that, as promised, my face looks natural, younger, the prior surgeon's work was largely corrected, and I do not at all look like I've had surgery. My face in no way has a pulled appearance like I have seen on other women.

Because my surgery was corrective, Dr. Carraway not only had to correct some of the original problem, he had to correct a prior surgeon's work, which is much more difficult. Even though my result was outstanding, the result obviously wasn't as perfect as it would have been if Dr. Carraway had been my original surgeon and he hadn't had to correct someone else's work and the scar tissue that had formed. Again, even with some remnants of the prior surgery visible, I had an outstanding result.

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Notwithstanding, Dr. Carraway has still generously continued to follow me and provide care to further erase the traces of the original surgery in order to achieve a perfect result. The follow up care has been exceptional! Since surgery, I have received numerous, extraordinary compliments from friends on my appearance. I have actually been taken aback by just how many compliments I have been kindly given, as well as their exceptional nature. I feel happy, confident, and content with my appearance. Choosing to have surgery with Dr. Carraway turned out to be a very good decision. I chose Dr. Carraway because of his skill and expertise. Three other physicians recommended him to me (one of whom was from out of state - Dr. Carraway is nationally known). Medicine is an art and there are real differences between physicians. As a patient of Dr. Carraway's, I not only benefited from his surgery expertise, I very much like him, thus the experience of working with him was a pleasure. I found him to be someone who genuinely cares about my well-being, is kind, charming, and informative. My observation that he is a surgeon motivated by a love for his patients, coupled with a daily desire to be intellectually and creatively engaged was aptly demonstrated in both my surgery and aftercare experiences. Contemplating, and then having surgery, is stressful. There is real benefit to working with a physician with exceedingly good patient rapport that you can trust will provide remarkable results.