Why Did I Wait So Long - Virginia Beach, VA

I'm a modest 44 year, fit, mother of a 13 year...

I'm a modest 44 year, fit, mother of a 13 year old. I've noticed in the last 2 years that my forehead lines between by eyebrows were becoming more noticeable and by the end of the day, people would ask if I was okay. I look worried, I looked tired.

My friend at work,also 44, told me she had to get her "botox" before she became a grandmother...we joked about it. Then I kept asking questions.

Soon I was at the dermatologist getting injected at $8 a unit, numbing cream applied generously before the injections took place. All I felt was a little pressure. His 26 year old assistant telling me I looked great for my age and that she was already getting botox(at 26?).

At first I didn't really notice much of a change, I was told not to lie down for at least four hours and then the doctor told not to lie down at all until bedtime, which was about ten hours away. I took the doctors advise, he explained it could cause drooping? I was advised to make an appointment in two weeks that I may need some adjustments.

About four days later I noticed a big improvement, one side was a little bit better. Two weeks later, I had a minor adjustment ( 2 unit injection) he didn't charge me.

Needless to say it looks great, I don't look tired. I don't look worried. Nobody is asking me, "What's wrong?" I look rested, refreshed. Wasn't looking for younger, because I'm not.

It's worth the money if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Very sweet doctor, he does have resident's with him since he is a fellow with medical school. He comes from a family of doctors in the boston area but he relocated here to be close to his wife's family.

I wish I read this before I went to Ben Hugo!! He charged twice as much and it was crap results with bad attitude
Can you tell me where you went for your botox? I dont want to randomly pick someone out of the yellowpages (so to say) and dont want to have to go to 50 consultations either.

Off providence road. Virginia beach Dr. Oppenheim

They have their doctors information listed right under their review, but you do need to be logged in to view it.

Hi Shellin,

This is awesome that the Botox worked out so well for you. It sounds your doctor really knew his stuff which is great and the community mentions over and over again how important. I'm glad he gave you so much info.

Thanks so much,