So Much Easier Than Expected - Virginia Beach, VA

At 12 years of age I weighed 190 lbs. I lost 60...

At 12 years of age I weighed 190 lbs. I lost 60 lbs that year, but my body and my self image has suffered for the last 50 years. My weight yo-yo'd until my mid 30's when I finally got control and learned how to feed myself - mainly through Weight Watchers. I also became more athletic.
Now, at 62, I'm the lightest, thinnest and probably healthiest I've ever been. Still go to Weight Watchers, and recently got down to an amazing 113 - really the right weight for my tiny frame.
But, the arms..... with my age and previous overweight, the skin just hung. For years I wanted to do something about it, but couldn't deal with the thought of the scars. So, last year I tried to take the easy way, and believed a PS when he said Smartlipo Triplex could fix the problem. It did not........and in fact made the situation worse. It liquified the fat, didn't shrink the skin, the result being I had "puddles" of fat dangling at my elbows - one worse than the other. Not pretty.
So, after a lot of $$ saving, hand wringing and questioning if I was being frivolous and vain (conversations with myself), I went for the full arm lift. Nothing I read prepared me for how easy and relatively painless this was. I have an excellent surgeon who knew just where to place the scar - and though I'm only one day out from my surgery, I'm so happy I went ahead. I live alone and am very independent, and was worried I'd be laid up for an extended time, as many have reported, but I'm already buzzing around the house, out walking dogs. Used pain meds yesterday, but today only a few Tylenol. Got a look at the incision at the doc visit today, and it looks great. Even though it will be awhile before I see the final result, I'm confident it will make me happy.
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Glad to hear a review from someone that has less pain. Most say this is the most painful surgery.
I will love to follow your progress...At one day out I was pumped so full of pain meds it was painless for me too at that point....Hoping it continues that way!
Excellent! Im so happy for you. Good for you for taking that extra step!