Im a nervous only 9 days to go get my TT done....

Im a nervous only 9 days to go get my TT done. Going to see the dr on monday to go over everything. I, got all my stuff ready just trying to get everything straight out before my surgery on November 29. I had gastric bypass in 2007 been fighting get the skin removed for 4 years now with all the rashes and all the pain I have had in the pass its going be worth it all. Never give up on what you want in this life I gave up for alittle bit I went back and fought. What I wanted. .

Thank u.
I had 2 consultations and having one more before the surgery . Im bit nervous about it all. The healing part has me bit scary. But only 5 days until took me 4 years to get approved . Wen u have gastric bypass or sleeve they don't say anything about the extra skin will be left .if u think u can lose another 15 pounds it would most definitely help u . I had lost 30 more pounds after the frist denial it does help..
hi. i had a gastric sleeve in 2012 april . have lost 70 so far. would like to lose 15 more and am doing well with it , am considering this as well for same reasons but am very nervous.how many consultations did u have before deciding on a surgeon .ive had 2 . dont want to get obsessed with it but cant make a decision. im from ny but in fla till may with man i take care of . sons wedding in april .would love to do a few mos before that. whats your pros and cons so far

my before picture

Horrible looks.

Congrats on your weight loss see you on the flat side
Congratulations on your successful weight loss and summoning the courage to have a tummy tuck. I've read quite a few reviews of women who have had a gbp on here and they all seem to do really well too. You are going to love your tummy again and I look forward to sharing your healing journey with you.

counting down to the day

Can't sleep so worried about the Pain lol. Well hope it will be worth it all..

4 days to my TT

Im getting nervous and excited. I had gastric bypass done in 2007 I was 350 pounds .now I am 215 pounds with all skin.. I hope it all goes well on Friday. I meet with my TT dr went over few things only getting tummy tuck no liposuction. Really didn't get that... but I m happy just get the skin off.

U going to look great
Thank u very much.
Good luck on your upcoming surgery...can't wait to read updates!!

2 more days

I can't believe i am gonna have the tummy tuck lol. It took 4 years to get approved from the horrible Rashes I have. That pain I will not miss. Being cold having no skin there gonna be weird for me lol .. I am excited can't sleep at night my brain will not shut off.

more pictures

I wonder if anyone else just had a tummy tuck and the privates putted up with out liposuction. .

good luck and I look forward to seeing your results. I found that even straight away my whole lower bits have had a face lift too! I imagine that will be even more when i can stand straighter, I'm 3 weeks now. Its still a bit puffy there and I've seen lots of other ladies who experience puffiness in the pubic are for a fair while. Not long now!
Thank u. Hope you are doing well today. I heard if u don't eat anything with salt puffiness will go away.

HAPPY THANKGIVING EVE

Well dr office called 2xs changed my time for sugery for Friday will be going at 1015 am instead of 645 am. Man I thought it was gonna be cancel wen she called back second time scared me. Im already for dinner for tomorrow just worried im not gonna eat to much. . I like everyone else to do tho lol. Im fasting today eating very light tomorrow gonna do a clean out tonight so I won't have any problems pooping lol sorry tmi. ..

Definately, I tried my first salty thing 2 days ago and I had more fluid in the skin on my tummy that night and the next day. So I'm still off it completely now.

tomorrow is my day for my TT

Getting very nerves

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

the big skin before picture

Well today is the day going to have my Tt will update wen I, get home. I am very nervous. My husband, and children going to take me. I have 3 children 11,9,5 they always got me going . My weight was 233 this morning. .

belly

The before

good luck!!

All done in, pain on flat side

Pain omg. Going home

after surgery

The drains or horrible. Just saying they hurt more anything.

my new belly

Congrats! Looking forward to more pics:)
Thank you honey im home thank god no problems thank god. He is, amazing Dr.

before and after by Dr watts

My big belly gone. New me can't wait see the out come.

Yaye Roxanne you did it! Its all gone!! So happy for you. Can't wait to follow your recovery with you. x
Aww thank u so much.

my new belly

My new belly November 29 2013

Wow! Do you know how many stitched you got?
I have no idea lol

im in a nightmare

Omg the drains are horrible .that's only thing bothering me. Ugh..

Congrats on your weight loss & welcome to the flat side!
Thank you.

3 days after

Very tired .try walk every change I get walking is better then sitting.

Congrats! I am taking my ps the deposit tomorrow. They locked in Friday, June 13th for me. I can't wait...growing sooooo impatient!!! I'm waiting because I'm a teacher and I will have the summer to recuperate...
Aww thank you. Probably be the best in the summer.

I, don't know

I, dont know what I just did to my, self I feel so ugly I can't look, at it. Feel like, crying.. having a, moment I guess.

im having bad day

Im very nausea

Hi Roxanne...congratulations on your weigh loss and tummy tuck! I too had a fleur-de-lis LBL after MWL! It only gets better....You will Love your results! I am very excited for you!
Rest love, you will feel better soon. Stay on top of your pain pills and try eating something small when you take them. Keep your eye on the prize!
Oh Sweetie its going to feel so good soon and your scars will be barely visible one day. Once all this pain and swelling has gone ;you will feel light as a bird. The real you! x

I feel horrible

Look and feel horrible . Im not posting anymore pictures to its healed up I look like slice open. God hope starts looking normal. Im down to 217 this morning from 233 day of surgery. I hope get rid of 25 pounds more. Im very nausea . Call the dr they gonna call me in something.

Congratulations on your weight lost you look great
Look past the scars u see right now. The new you is looking awesome! You're going to be down a few sizes once the swelling goes down. The swelling is expected too - don't let that discourage u. Let ur body do the healing and watch your sodium. Lots of water! Looking fab ;)
Hang in there. This recovery is HARD! You'll have your ups and downs. But everyone here will help you get through it.

5 days, after surgery

Im, feeling little bit better thank god nurse called me nausea meds in.

That's great!!. Do you notice how much lighter you feel?
Yes I do feel lighter I can get up faster with out the big tire I had around me.lol seriously its big difference
I can see my legs now before I couldn't. I used to be 350 pounds from 18 to I was 30 years old I had gastric bypass in 2007 lost good amount a weight frist 6 months then the biggest hernia on my scar were I had the gastric bypass it almost killed me they claps my lung I was in the hospital 2 weeks . Then 3 months later after all of that got pregnant with little daughter is 5 now. She was a surprise. . Then more hernias c- section scar. And my belly button had form one. So plus with all my skin infections. I decided to go to back see the plastic surgeon. Was denied before so scared to try again but my family dr said don't ever give up keep fighting so this time I had lost more weight and skin was hang bad rashes were horrible wen it was hot hard keep the rash away lots if creams... so im hoping everything will heal good. I don't like to stop moving .. sitting down has been a problem I rather stand drains are digging in. Can't wait to have them out. .

woke up with horrible pain

I guess I walked to much yesterday. guess gonna take easy today after kids go to school. . Everything is very swollen still belly button looks black I don't whats wrong with that did everything dr said to do getting showered 2xs a day just wash my scars. Go back on this monday we see my husband said it was fine just healing im just always worried. .The cut was lot to look at hope it goes down some man I didn't expect what im seeing not a normal tummy tuck. . I dont know we see on Monday. . No pictures of it to embarrassed.

Y did u have a incision going up ur stomach to? Who took the pics. Was someone in the room with u
My dr took the pictures. I had so much skin.
I had gastric bypass scar there he took all the old scars off plus 3 c-section scars I had . I had 20 pounds of just skin.

feeling yucky today

Well yesterday was 7days since my tt surgery. I can move more around. Everything still hurts . im waiting get the drains out Monday and my stitches out still getting a shower 2xs a day. Then redressing my scars. Wearing my binders all day and night.

Rest hunny You will feel fab just give it time x
Thank you im trying to but I am always doing something. I'm walking better then sitting down its real pain to sit with the drains pinching some.i have 3 Drains in and omg can't wait to there out. I know there good to be in but a pain.. lol .
give it a few more days and everything starts to look up. Promise! Hang in there

yest infection with antibiotic

They should know to give us something for this problem.. I been eating yougurt really is not help and the hair coming in and can't shave OMG ..SORRY tmi...

Call your ps for a Diflucan. That will really help clear up the yeast infection. I know they are miserable, so I hope you feel better soon. I also found that a 4x4 inch gauze pad tucked inside my undies helped keep the stubble from making me go crazy until I got the drains out.
I had 2 drains, one for 12 days and one for 16. You can manage them, hun, and like everyone else who has commented, week 2 really does get better.
Roxanne, try to be positive and relax a little. We just had major surgery and even though all of our bodies are different sizes it doesn't matter. We all have to take it easy to heal. Are you staying up on your pain meds? Are you alternating maybe Tylenol with them? Monday after your doc appt hopefully they can take your drains out and reassure you that you are healing fine. If not, they will know and know what to do. Also don't stress if they say they need to keep your drain in a little longer. I read someone's post who had drains for 17 days. Don't be embarrassed and give up. Post pics at your comfort level. We would love to hear your updates so we can continue to keep you in our prayers. We are all on this site for the same reason SUPPORT!!! Xo

9 Days post

I am still swelled pretty good and drains are still 3 of them .... wount take nake ones looks gross still.

hang in there, it does get better (I know it doesn't seem like it now) and being on here is helpful, I totally understand that NO ONE at home "gets it" even if they are trying!!! :)
Yeah im trying .. does anyone know how long they keep the stitches in cause I got alot and my right side is, red and hurting me. . Tomorrow I see my Dr.
que nervios!

going to the dr after 10days.

Been resting and take it easy.im very nervous take the the stitches out and drains out tonight maybe. My husband is taken me has been my best friend throw it all I don't know what I do with out him. Im bit cracky all the time I can't stand pain its horrible. . My right side its all red and looks swollen. I hope everyone having good day. Thanks for all your kind words.

Drains

Not coming out to 4 weeks .stitches also. Not ready yet. .. grrr not very happy.

Thinking of you darl, I know it must be hard for you, much harder than most of us are going through. Keep posting won't you. I have no idea how long your stitches will be in. Most peoples are around two weeks but yours have different tension to deal with so got no idea. I think of you often. xx
Think positive.... It will be ok!!!!

11 days

Dr said everything was healing well have to go back in a week.. my left Drain s is leaking bad all day had change my clothes 2xs.. . Been taken all my meds .they make me very tired.. .. I went to the store boy was that a job. . .

I have fever

Feeling so weak and tired frezzing. Oh gezz I hope I be ok.

You're having a rough time with those drains. It has made a world of difference without them. I hope u will get yours out very soon
Yeah I hoping Monday. Well I, had lot of skin taking off it was necessary hope after there out I be feeling lot better i am hoping.... xx
I must gate the drains suck! I have one And it bothers me so much. I hope your healing well & feel better :)

I feel bla

Everyone says looks good but to me I very swollen. I feel like I was cut up like pork chop. . Good god I hope it starts looking normal. I didn't have little tummy I had 20 pounds skin took off so guess its not gonna be pretty yet...

Aww hope as the days go by and by the help of love ones u feel better. I hated the drains they were so annoying so I know how bad u want them out just think they are there for a reason and you do not want to step back your recovery after all that you have gone through. I pray for a speedy recovery for u love xoxo
Patience is such a tough thing especially for us women who always are on the go and getting stuff done. We have to,let our bodies heal, we did do a number on it. I keep telling myself 3 months...three months...then later another 3 months.
Yes it is im trying be patience.

my 20 pounds of skin

My before pictures skin remove sorry bit gross.

me

Just not about my skin. I can't wait to get working out back to myself I feel pretty great with out my big tire lol.. man can't wait please my husband he said by summer im gonna be his hot mommy lol.

You must feel amazing to have all that skin gone! Hope you continue to heal well:)
Yeah I feel okay, just in pain from the drains, and its looks, really weird to me right now to it heals .

Yaaa drain free

Boy oh boy I tell you about those drains wen dr had me standing there he pulled one drain out it came out like bucket full stuff omg it was gross all down my underwear all over my pants did I say gross yes lady gross.. then middle one was fine. Then the left side omg I thought it would never end pulling the tub out felt like my insides were gonna go with it that, was the worse experience I had.... does feel dam good with out those motherofers

more of my update

Walking pretty weird tonight can't explain it had wonderful shower after all that mess thank god for pain meds have cramps from those tubes...

stitches

Are in for 2 more weeks I am still swollen pretty good dr said. I been staying away from salty foods.

Wow you have been through so much, what a trooper! Good luck with the rest of your recovery :)

with clothes on

I can see my legs and my mon thing lol.big difference .drains feel wonderful OUT LOL. still in some pain while walking. I do feel mentally Great without my big nasty big belllys. I want get to 175 thats my goal weight. Im gonna keep walking I have hand weights .maybe starting do them. Im 197 today from 350 pounds ... next year I want to get my arms done.

Hooray! No more drains. How small are you compared to before! Even your legs look so much smaller. Now that beautiful face will be smiling from the inside too. x
Aww thank you.
My mouth is wide open, 20 lbs unbelievable but you are going to look so good in and out, God Bless you honey, take care of yourself. Happy healing to you :-)

not feeling so great

Feel horrible. Stitches are still in can't do lot still. But everyone expects you to to do everything. I feeling really Depressed my daughter seen me with out my clothes on today oh mom gross she 9. Man I wanted to cry .I know its just only been few weeks but its taken forever to look normal. I haven't been eating right some days don't have no appetite .im always so busy at xmas with children baking making things I have no energy . Im very swollen still have big rolls though it would went down some god I hope they do. I made cookies yesterday my girls were happy. I did all xmas shopping
With stitches in cleaning my house cause no one can use a brom are a vacuum ugh. I gotta ask for everything if not never get done. I want these stitches out there digging in making me bleed had white crap coming out very small amount I called the dr on that they said it was normal. But today over did it again wen I went to wash up before bed I notice the top of my incision were belly button is was digging in and bleeding kinda freak me out im 3 weeks yesterday ... I hope everyone who had there surgery s around my time are doing well I try keeping in touch with u all.. oh yea forgot went on Wednesday and treated my self get my toes done soak and with wonderful honey on my legs and I love my feet done felt wonderful... go get ur feet done if u want feel something Relaxing. . Wish I could go every day lol

I'm glad you got a relaxing Pedi... It always puts a smile on my face :-0... I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!!
Aww thank u to merry Christmas.
Feel like i wish i could come and help you with your housework etc. You're going to have to ask for help. You have just had major surgery please take care.

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone have wonderful day ladies. .

Merry Christmas Roxanne, I hope you had a great day. x
Thank you. Happy holidays to u too.
Wow! 20 lbs! I know that you have to be relieved that you are not carrying around that extra weight! You have gone through a different struggle than a lot of us on here, so try not to be hard on yourself. This surgery was step #1 of your new healthy lifestyle. I read your comment about not really eating much and gaining weight... Did you know that it is actually recommended to eat between 6-8 small meals a day? Try eating every 2-3 hours from the time you get up...high protein and tons of veggies! Cooked or raw and carbs are your friend! You can eat healthy carbs like whole wheat pasta, white or brown rice, fruit, sweet potatoes and healthy fats for your overall health like coconut oil (I like it in my cream of wheat) and olive oils, almonds. I bet you see a world of difference with your body and your healing! The weight will fall off! And walking with weights is a great start until you are able to do more. I'm so proud of you for being so brave to take your first step, congrats! Keep us posted and remember that you don't have to be great to get started, but you have to get started to be great and you have done that! Don't let anyone dim your light! God Bless!

27 days with stitches

Omg they hurt so bad I called my ps today told them I want them out tomorrow. Its bleeding horrible. Left side has 2 small holes were stitches are I'm not very happy at all. Has anyone had stitches in this long. Really sucks..

Wow that's long But you have had such a huge operation Hun Mine were disposable SOS
That is a long time, I have no idea Roxanne, maybe that's normal with an extended TT. Hope you get them out soon.
Sending you healing thoughts. Hope your ps can help make you feel better.

Stitches out finally .

It was really painful getting out the nurse was very ruff getting them out. They just took them out didn't say anything to do now only come back in 3 weeks I felt really rushed. I didn't even get a chance to ask anything dr just walked out of the room thought it was bit rude. . only thing nurse said let it heal don't put anything on it. Very heman type.. I came took a shower wash everything with dove soap does feel better now without stitches. Thank you all thinking if me.

Yeah, stitches out!!! Hope this gives you the boost you need/want. You're doing great, hun. Hang in there and continued good healing. (((HUGS))) and Happy New Year ;-)
Aww thank you ' still little sore it was one month yesterday since my surgery. Happy new year hope we all have good year with are new bodys lol..
I'm so happy your stitch free... Good for you!!!

before and, after

Im still healing I don't see any different s since last week. I still have a lot of swollen.

happy New Year

Happy New Year 2014!!!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I had a addominoplasty & panniculectomy

I guess I posted in wrong spot. Oops

You look great! I was glad to see what 20 pounds of fat removal look like. My PS removed 27 pounds. Unfortantley, he wasn't able to take a picture. Happy New Year.
my dr took that picture and send it to me and one on the table he took of me also. .thank you same to u, happy new, year.
I don't know, if u can feel that 27 pounds off that was amazing. I know I, can feel a big difference with out my apron . I can move around alot faster then before I felt like it was pulling me down. Now its big relief off my back and legs. .

to all the ladys having surgery

I have found a hanes shaping waist cincher not alot of money like the rest it fits great better then my binder. Go hanes.com . U can fine it there. . Cheaper then walmart I paid 15.00 there only 11.99.. great deal if u 2x like my self it fits good and don't hurt my incision. Just thought I would share.

im only 1 month post

Why is it saying that. Ugh.

Oh girl, THANK YOU for the info on the comfy Hanes shaper. I too am around 1-2X currently, so this is a BIG help. Want to get something to have besides what they send me home in. Hope you continue to improve, hang in there. Much lve and HUGS !
Oh u welcome u gotta put it over head to get it on little hard at first wen u get it on it feels great better then the binder. . Its very comfortable I found it today. Didn't want spend 100. Dollars on something will sit there. . I seen all these other ones 91.00 to 50.00 so expensive just for a few weeks.. they have other shape wear goes under the breast and bra. Im thinking of getting that one next. 2x fits perfect. Its tight they make them smaller in size thats why I got 2x. . . And it holds everything in I like that. . Look on hanes.com go womens shape wear. .. let me know how it works better then spending 100. On it .There on sale on there 11.99 .Happy new year.

my before and after one month after sugery?

I thought to share my before pictures they were horrible made me so depressed inside I hided it very well my big stomach.

You look so great!!!! We have been thru so much! Sometimes I feel like I'm being punished or something but just trying to stay patient! At least you didn't develop an infection like me! Boy this has been the worst part. You are such an inspiration ;)
Lol., you was like me before, vagy vagy where are you, lol happy for you babe, happy healing
OUTSTANDING transformation! Seriously girl, you have come a long way and should be EXTREMELY proud of yourself. The amazing weight loss, the brave choice to have surgery, and the courage and strength to step thru the recovery...NOTHING short of AWESOME! I LOVE IT! You make me a believer. A believer in the possibilities. LOVE you girl. Thank you for sharing this incredible journey...keep sharing, you inspire ;-)

I have a small hole

My incision open on the right side ozzing little I put neriospon on it and cover still little bit ozzing should I worry are this normal for almost 5 weeks . . Its were stitches were. I hope not infection. .

Small hole is only a concern if there is a foul smell...take it easy you may be pushing/working to hard. You look amazing!!!
Oh ok thank you..
Hope all is well

on my way to the emergency room

day is burning in red and losing more stuff and now its very painful I'm going to the hospital

How are you hun? Is everything okay???
I got infection in my incision its still hurting and burning off so bad.
OMG that definitely looks inflamed. Please let us know what they tell you. Sending prayers your way :(

I have a infection

I think the stitches were in to long That's why I got this infection. Its burning I can't wear my binder are anything else . I'm so uncomfortable I cry last night I was so up set I did everything keep it clean and everything . Im calling the drs office ASAP frist thing tomorrow morning I think inside stitches are something wrong . Had so much blood work last night my arm is numbed. . Burning is no joke it feels like ur skin under firer.

Hope you get some answers soon
Yeah me too. Im just waiting on this dr.
Wonder if you are rejecting some of the internal stitches... I did that on my breast reduction some...same kind of burning, but no infection. Maybe ask your doc about it. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes.

my body Rejecting the stitches:-(

My body rejecting some of the internal stitche dr has to take them out on wedesday. I can't believe this .. omg the pain I gotta go throw wish I knew before hand. So disappointed feeling so overwhelm its like nightmare I only 5 and half weeks. .

OMG Roxanne I am so sorry you have to go through this. When I went to see my ps and was infected he grabbed a scapel and sliced a three inch deep slice across my incision. I have to pack it with gauze three times a day until it heals. Then three days later he cut another part of my incision that looked irritated and told me to pack that one too! I felt horrible like I was being punished or something. I wanted to give up so many times but then what would I do. Please try and stay positive and pray pray pray! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Ask him for some pain pills so you can kinda deal with this Best of luck sweetie :(
He said he will numb me up just gonna take out stitches. Oh man he didn't say anything about packing anything man I feel like im gonna scream at him. I Have read reason why its like this he put stitches to close to the skin and not enough knots. . More spots open after I got home ozzing crap and then a my belly button had stuff coming out under it ozzing shit. Im call first thing in the morning tell them what going on I have had many sugery never like this. Its making me sick like nausea I can't even eat. Dumb hospital gave me this medication I should of never took my stomach is so upset.. well aleast I have u guys to talk to no one understand what im going throw. I got fluid on my right side can tell its there swelled up after he push on it. thank u I'm sorry your going throw so much.. . Hope we can fight get rid of what's going on with our body's. We fright to have skin removed and now were being in more pain before I had so many Rashes from my skin Rubbing bleeding horrible. Just want it to go away hopefully they numb me pretty good are im gonna be screaming my head off I can't deal with pain at all. Thank god I have my perks for my pain. If I didn't probably would have to be in hospital. Im gonna go read and find out whats going on why this is happening with the inside stitches found a few stories why it happens.
Oh I'm so sorry. The good news is, when they are out, you should turn around quickly and begin healing. When mine worked their way out of my breasts, mine healed right up...within days. Again, sorry you have to deal with this. Hope it's over soon (((HUGS)))

utrasound today

Feeling really sick today. So worried what's gonna happen tomorrow im tired being in pain..

Thinking about you today and wondering how you are. Hope to see a post soon...(((HUGS)))
Best of luck tomorrow. You are in my thoughts and prayers! Demand to be totally numb and just let them do what they have to do to make this better! I hate that this is happening to you. You have been through such a rough journey. I was just saying yo myself how much of a price I'm having to pay just to be normal. I can't wait fir the day that we are all healed up and happy :)
Aww thank you Marylou.. I hope the same we all heal and be happy .. I hope your feeling better.

PAIN FROM HELL OMG.

Well I am allergic to the stitches thats why im having these problems. Thats what he is telling me. well I can't even describe the pain I was in it was horrible I would never wish it on anyone he stuck his big needle inside might on my side it hurts so freaking bad now I have to pack four big holes I have to pack with gaz pads and the solution they told me I had to use. I was a wake throw this . .

Thats sh#t!
It is shit I really feel like chop up pork chop . I just went throw something never in my life I 4 holes on right then 2 on my left. Really have no idea how pack the holes I put them on hole kinda . I have no clue my husband in his own world he don't know what to do never seen this shit he like he really F u up.. . I'm so mad at everyone the pain is unreal wen pain meds wear off i have hurry take it .
Oh my gosh, I knew you were going to have to pack your incision with gauze. I am still doing that too :( The good thing is that when you do that the infection clears up very quickly so you should start feeling better very soon. I can't believe you were awake through this horrible experience. I pray for a fast and painless recovery for you. Take care sweetie

I have 6 holes

I don't think my body was allergic I think they mess it up put wrong stitches in only my sides had these stitches in why wonder why everything else was fine .

Oh poor love! Hope it gets better. I have heard of people being allergic to stitch material, its not common but it does happen. x
You know, if you're losing trust in your ps, I think perhaps you should get a second opinion? It sounds like he's not giving you enough time and attention and I'm not sure I've ever heard of anyone being allergic to stitches. I'm seeing my ps on friday and I'll put that on my list of questions to ask him.
Yeah Please ask him that. I might just call my family Dr up tell her what happen. .

Allergy" to sutures or stitch "reaction"--is this a real phenomenon?

I found this review thought it was helpful.

Lots of surgeons tell patients they are allergic to Vicryl (sutures). I believe they are wrong.Vicryl sutures (made by Ethicon) are made of polyglactin 910, which is a copolymer of 90%glycolide (polyglycolic acid) and 10% L-lactide.These are braided, absorbable sutures that retain 75% of their original strength at 14 days, and 25% at 28 days. Vicryl Plus sutures have an added coating of triclosan, a broad-spectrum antimicrobial. Both absorb by hydrolysis, which causes minimal inflammation at the site of use. (Catgut, by contrast, absorbs by proteolysis, a somewhat more inflammatory response.)These sutures are commonly used for skin closure, and are often used just below the skin surface as subcuticular or buried interrupted closures. They have been around for several decades; I used them in my plastic surgery fellowship at the Mayo Clinic 27 years ago. Many surgeons still use them; some patients have what most doctors have termed "Vicryl reactions" for the tiny, inflammatory pus pockets that develop around some of these sutures. Wait, if you are having an "allergic reaction" to these sutures, shouldn't the "allergic reaction" and red spots occur at EVERY place these sutures were used, not just some? Hold that thought for now.When patients who have these sutures develop tiny red pus pockets just below the surface of the skin during the healing process, suture removal (where possible), warm packs, topical antibiotic ointment, and rarely oral antibiotics are used. Wait a minute, if this is an allergic reaction, why isn't the doctor using an antihistamine? Antibiotics don't work for true allergic reactions; in fact, they are worthless for this!Ethicon does not even list "allergic reaction" in their list of contraindications (it does list a potential sensitivity to triclosan, a broad-spectrum antimicrobial present in Vicryl-Plus sutures, NOT in regular Vicryl). In fact, if you think about it, the fact that the company has a variety of their braided absorbable suture that includes an antimicrobial is a hint to what is really going on--and it's not allergic reactionto polyglycolic acid or lactic acid!So-called "Vicryl reaction" is simply bacterial contamination of the braided suture material, likely from "normal" skin bacteria present in the sweat glands and hair follicles the suture goes directly through during your surgeon's closure. These skin bacteria are actually protected from your body's defenses--your tissues' antibodies (and antibiotic, if given)--by the tiny interstices within the braided suture. These tiny microscopic hiding places are warm, wet, and a place that bacteria can multiply, causing the tiny red pus pockets in some locations. That's also why removing the stitch, opening the pus pocket, and topical antibiotics (or just time as the suture dissolves and your body can "get to" the bacteria and eliminate them) solve this problem. That's also why Ethicon has added an antimicrobial coating to their Vicryl Plus brand of suture. That's also why many surgeons, myself included, soaked our Vicryl sutures in antibiotic irrigation fluid before use; this reduced the "Vicryl reactions" in my practice for years. And now, many surgeons. myself included, have switched to a non-braided monofilament suture like monocryl, which has no interstices for bacteria to "hide" in, and rarely see any kind of stitch abscess, for that is what is REALLY happening. I truly understand my colleagues' reluctance to tell their patients that they have a stitch abscess; too many patients "freak out" at any mention of the word "Infection." It's often easier to avoid this topic altogether and call it a "reaction" or "allergy." It's NOT, but it's not an infection that amounts to a problem in the vast majority of those who have it.BTW, suture is a foreign body, but this is also NOT "rejection", since the components of Vicryl are substances that are simple biochemical compounds, not complex immunoreactive proteins like a kidney transplant, or even a blood transfusion. You don't reject sutures any more than you "reject" artificial hips or pacemakers. You can get an infection around them, but this is definitely NOT rejection.Patients who have chronic problems with suture abscesses may harbor more or worse bacteria in their pores, sweat glands, and hair follicles. Showering the night before and the morning of surgery with Hibiclens (chlorhexidine) may help to reduce suture problems. I'd also avoid braided sutures, but you DON'T have to list "allergic reaction to Vicryl" .

Definitely gives us sonething to think about. Did you shower with Hibiclens before your surgery
No I didn't use hibclens. My ps and nurse told me not to used it now to hard on the skin with my holes am scared it will burn. So im just washing with dove soap coving up the holes packing them is ripping my skin don't what these people saying packing its drying to my skin and its hurts not working for me im in a lot of pain.. im gonna do cleaning and covering it. Im about done with packing anything .
Hope you emailed that article to your doctor. :) btw, I had my ps appoitnmetn today and I asked him about allergic reactions to sutures. He said a long time ago, some suture materials would cause allergic reactions. He said the types he uses today, never cause allergic reactions. Then I asked him about spitting stitches and he said that would never happen to me because he puts the strong sutures very deep and the more absorbable ones closer to the skin surface.

pictures of my holes

No dam joke. Its been since wenesday and still not closing. I am so scared.

Yep, that's exactly how mine look. I've been packing them since December 27th and they are still open :( According to my ps they heal from the inside out and eventually will reach the incision opening. I'm not sure how long that will take cause mine are still open. Although my daughter is the one who packs them twice a day and swears they are getting smaller. I really can't tell cause to me they are just open and horrible to look at :( I just wish I could be like I was before. I have never in my life had to deal with something like this. It totally sucks but what can we do???? My boss always says, what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. Sometimes I felt this was gonna kill me but here I am, still here! I wish you the best of luck and will continue praying for you!
Same here maylou I never seen or heard anything like this. I feel like he messed up put stitches in wrong are some dumb nurse that he let do it did this to me im gonna get to the bottom of this im gonna find out everything they used on me what stitches what brand im get my family dr involved. Im not letting him do another thing to me. If u read the article I found it states everything why I had go throw this crap. The nurse said to me they should heal up with in a, week. I'm really they better. . I don't believe her. Im not packing them anymore im let my holes heal it on its own. . I don't know about yours but im ripping the skin off with gaz is in the hole I even try putting sodium chloride on it doing it easy to clean its still rips the skin it sticks to it. . This all sucks. I don't want go throw it anymore all I know. . Right now.
Your family doctor might be able to refer you to a wound clinic. They handle all sorts of open wounds like yours.

packing 2 xs day

Think one looks, almost closed got 5 to go one big one rest are small ..Thank you faith..

You are welcome. continue to be strong and positive for a healthy outcome. Like always call or text me anytime.
Roxanne, I know the nurse said they should close in a week but I think it's gonna be a little longer than that. Hang in there!!
Yeah I think like a month big set back. Thank u.

big difference

I can see my legs lol.

Well hello feet... Sounds like your doing better!
Glad to hear you're coming around. Continue to stay positive and most of all patient :)
Yippee to seeing legs! All the little things count. How ya doing today?

test results came back

skin bacteria infection all threw my incision. Probably didn't even had to cut me ugh.

Oh no that sounds bad! Did they tell you how they were going to fix it?
OMG what does that mean? What did they tell you to do in order to get rid of it?
I have restart taken the antibiotic (Bactrim )again 3 time taken it I have pounding head aches sweats . It gives me a yeast infection I can't win.

my weight lost pictures

Gonna take newer body pictures later just updating my weight loss.

my new pictures

189 pounds January 2014

189 pounds 50 to go

Side pics just keeping my recent and before pictures.

Wow fantastic wl journey that's amazing I'm starting ww next week Hun
Thank you.
Congrats on your weight loss!! I lost 110 lbs over the course of two years on WW. I hired a personal trainer to tone and lose the last 10 lbs before my tummy tuck surgery (I have a Review on here as well). Happy healing to you! ☺

7 weeks po

im feeling alot better only 1 hole open hopefully it closes this week. Hope Everyone is doing well. .

Oh awesome, sure seems you've turned the corner and are really healing now...YIPPEE! You deserve it ;-) love and hugs
Thank u Suzy. How are you.
Good hun, thanks for asking. I'm one week away, so far still calm ;-)

my bmi before and after

Before 350 pounds 66.1? 189 pounds 35.7
=35.3 lost 1 person lol...

INCREDIBLY OUTSTANDING ! You should be beaming with pride. You are definitely inspiring to us all. Thanks for sharing your beautiful story. Hope you're feeling good and almost healed up.
Thank u Suzy.. :-)..ox

my holes

All closed up yahooooo..

Hey roxanne39, just wanted to see how you are going.
That is the best news!
Yes it is I'm glad too thank god. thank you.

Hello Everyone

Went back to work on the weekend boy my body is hurting today. Everything its good went to see my ps last week I'm good to go he said don't need see me any more. Its been 9 weeks. . I would thought he would want see me in 3 months. I felt used kinda got the money for my surgery. They acted like, Ok now go away. Smh. Oh well anyway I'm think going to start back at the gym back up at 12weeks. I don't want push it to much..

You are such a strong woman to have achieved everything you have and to have had little support during your recovery. Your ps is a jerk! Just as well you're intelligent and a bloody wonder woman! May the universe bless you with trouble free healing from now on. xx
Aww thank u .:-).
Congrats on the healing and going back to work. What about the after pictures your supposed to take!! He's not doing that? Hmmmm weird

starting feel Normal

Im doing okay worry about gaining weight. My body is, still swollen pretty good I feel lot of tightness . But it doesn't look rite to me I thought it would look more different flatter but its not. I hope everyone is doing well starting or just had sugery.

Hello everyone I'm doing ok so busy with everyday life .. I hope u all, are doing well. Ox
Hey there...good to hear from you. How you doing? I just got back into the exercise routine (4 weeks ago). My mom passed away recently, kind of sidetracked me for a bit. Hope you are feeling and doing well. HUHS :-DSuzy
I'm doing okay not been feeling my best since this sugery I still feel like chop up pork chop.. .. I'm so sorry about ur mom big hugs... I can't get motivated to exercise. .
Vineland Plastic Surgeon