My Story...My New Look - Villages, FL

One day I looked in the mirror and hated what I...

I'm so sorry to hear about all the loss you experienced the past five years. You've certainly been through a lot.

Thank you for sharing on RealSelf! It is very much appreciated.

Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

One day I looked in the mirror and hated what I saw.  I saw a very old lady with droopy eyelids, hanging skin and wrinkles.  My insides didn't feel that old.  However, after 5 years of stress (husband dying of cancer, dog dying, mother dying) the toll of it all was showing on my face.  And, as anyone knows - Stress can really do a job on a person's body and soul. I had been thinking of having my eyelids fixed and one day saw an advertisement of a Dr. Bassin holding a seminar in The Villages.  There would also be live demonstrations of different procedures, so I went and made an appointment for a consultation.  That consultation changed my life. Did you ever meet someone and immediately like them and trust them?  Well, that is the feeling you get when you meet Dr. Bassin.  He is not only a knowledgeable professional but a caring human being.  He explained everything to me and suggested a few procedures which I scheduled.  I had an eyelid lift, quick lift, and laser peel.  This was done at Dr. Bassin's Melbourne Surgical facility.  A limo picked me up at the Villages and transported me to the facility where I was greeted by Dr. Ahmed who comforted me as I was really nervous.  I had explained to Dr. Bassin that I was by myself and felt I needed help after the surgery and he said that was no problem as I would be put up overnight with a private nurse.  My RN was Nancy who made me feel comfortable and SAFE. After I was brought home by the limo, everyone asked me how the pain was.  I said WHAT PAIN - THERE WAS NOT ONE SECOND OF PAIN.  And, except for my face being red (which fades within a few months) there was not one inch of bruising. It is now 3 months since surgery and I have been told that I look 10 years younger than I am.  I am so happy - I now look in the mirror and can see my eyes again, my skin is smooth and I SMILE. I would also like to commend Dr. Bassin's staff in The Villages.  EVERYONE, from Christina at the front desk to Marsha/Aesthetician and Amy/ARNP - these staff members are experienced, make you feel that they are concerned for you, your feelings and that everyone is part of Dr. Bassin's family.