Lasik Eye Surgery - Vienna, VA

Having glasses was really annoying to me, my...

Having glasses was really annoying to me, my vision wasn't that terrible (20/150 in my R eye with a contact prescription of -1.5 and 20/200 in my L eye with a prescription of -2.0) but I had a really hard time with contacts because my eyes got really dry and I could only wear them a couple hours at a time. I really wanted to get Lasik so I wouldn't have to deal with glasses and contacts and I'm so glad I did. I've had fantastic results, pretty sure I still have 20/20 vision a year later (I'm going back for my yearly follow up soon). I remember the recovery time was practically nothing. It was really painful for about 3 hours and then after I took a nap, the pain was gone. I had some VERY mild light sensitivity and halos at night for a month or two. A year later, that's all gone and I just have great vision.

The process itself was very scary, but again, very worth it. It's scary because you're awake and you "see" everything as they're working on your eye and actually can smell the laser zapping your cornea. But it's also very fast and done in about 5-10 min.
Washington Ophthalmologist

The staff at liberty laser eye is really competent and knowledgeable and I felt very safe in their care. I consulted at 5 laser eye locations in the area and I felt like any of them probably would have turned out fine, but I liked that fact that Dr. Tanchel comes and talks to you at your consult. This was the only location where the surgeon participated in the consult, other places you only meet the surgeon later, usually on the day of surgery. This location also claimed to have faster healing times due to the laser they used. I obviously can't compare it to the other places since I only got laser eye surgery once, but I did feel like there was only about 3 hours of pain/discomfort and that was pretty much it. Very positive experience.

Thanks for sharing your story, Fivehead! I'm thinking of "taking the plunge" and doing laser eye surgery, so I appreciate you sharing your experience. Glad to hear it was so quick for you too... I'm not a fan of the whole "watching my own eye surgery" aspect of it. :)