Juvederm and Belotero for Mid Face Rejuvenation - Vienna, VA

I spend so much time researching things on...

i spend so much time researching things on Realself I figured I'd return the favor and do a review lol. I had one cc of Belotero injected into my tear troughs and 1cc of Juvederm into my cheeks. I had some bleeding which has caused major (in my opinion) bruising. I was initially scared that it was the tyndall effect but I had a follow up with my Dr. today and he has assured me it is not. I took a Medrol Dose pack for one week after because I had severe swelling when Injected Belotero. Swelling was minimal this time :) .

I am having some tingling sensations in my face and some redness ... my Dr. says the nerve is probably bruised or irritated and I may have slight allergic reaction (He has given me an RX for an antibiotic).
I am happy to hear you are doing so much research on RealSelf.    Thank you for sharing your review on the injections.

I would bet that they antibiotic will help.

antibotic seems to be helping

Day 3 on duricef and the tingling and redness is much better. Dr said it was either a mild infection or reaction to the filler. My bruising is MUCH better ... and just yesterday 2 gentleman told me that I appeared to be in my early 20s lls (now I always take anything men say with a grain on salt ... but it did make giggle)... so far so good!
I disagree with the comment that antibiotics are not indicated for injection and may be overprescribed. If this person were really informed he/she would know that biofilm can occur after some injections and MAY be prevented by antibiotics.
I'm sorry, (and correct me if I am wrong) but isn't "biofilm" a type of INFECTION? According to this site, and a few others, that's exactly what it is.
Perhaps you need to re-read my original comment or http://www.realself.com/search/results?gsc.q=biofilm in case there was some confusion.
Dr. Barry Cohen

Dr. Cohen was very informative and his relaxed chair side manner was a big plus. The injection appointment was bit quick but I'm sure he is a busy man. Overall I have had a pleasant experience with Dr. Cohen and his staff.