Excited, Worried.. Sharing my Story

Hi Guys, since Realself and all your reviews...

Hi Guys,

since Realself and all your reviews helped me in my decision to get lipo on my abdomen, I want to share my story too and hopefully help someone making the right decision.

First of all, please excuse my English, this is not my native language :)

Ok, so I am 25 years old, 5,5 feet tall and weigh 124 lbs, so I'm not fat at all, but I've had this really weird belly ever since (even as a child or when I weighed a lot less). O the pics you'll see what I mean ;)

After consulting 2 surgeons here and doing tons of internet research, I decided to undergo lipo since I avoid showing myself naked or in a Bikini and it really affects my personal life. The belly comes out as soon as I eat or drink, in the morning it's flat.

The surgeon I chose is cheap, experienced and will use the PAL system. I read that's one of the best solutions, I looked at ton of his before and after pics, and read all reviews I could find. Here, we don't have anythig like a Board Certified Surgeon, so I couldn't take this into consideration.

He said he'd not only remove the fat on the weird bulge, but go up to the ribs as well to achieve a more smooth appearance. That makes me a little worried, but I think I need to trust him here. Also, he only wants to leave only one cm (=0,39 inches) of fat left, and I'm worried that it's gonna look weird. Especially because I am now a little over my normal weight, so I am worried that this 1 cm will get even less when I lose weight again.

But - if nothing really special occurs (e.g. someone tells me DON'T DO IT, because...), I'll just have it done. I'm scheduled for wednesday morning and I feel weird, I'm excited and anxious and worried, but I guess that's normal. I will post pics every day. Please keep your fingers crossed for me :)

Thanks for reading

Today was the day, at 10 am the procedure started....

Today was the day, at 10 am the procedure started. I was super nervous but the staff (not the surgeon!) was extremely nice and I got some kind of tranquilizer that even made me enjoy lying tied to an op table without any "real" reason, haha.

I fell asleep seconds later and woke up about an hour later, already wearing my compression garment. I was worried at first because the nurse told me he only removed 200cc and only worked on the bulge (initially he said it would be about 500 - 700cc and he'd need to work up to the ribs to get an even result). Right before the procedure I insisted he'd remove only as much as absolutely necessary for a naturally looking, even, bulgeless result since I read horror stories about too much fat removed, and after waking up I was worrying that I shouldn't have said so.. but when I look at my side view it's just awesome (pic attached - keep in mind it's swollen, so I suppose it will still get smaller).

My surgeon uses the PAL system btw.

I got home an hour later. Regarding the pain - it's 12 hrs after the procedure now and I have not felt any pain yet. Right after I got home I was super dizzy and felt like someone's been kicking my stomach, an hour later I felt weird tingling stuff and one or two sharp sensations, then slept for an hour and since I feel a little warm and itches from time to time, and I feel how the swelling increases, but really - when I got my tattoos it was much worse.

I'm waiting for all the meds and the tumescent anaesthesia they gave me to subside. I didn't even get any painkillers for at home (got a prescription "in case I need some"). Maybe it's because he didn't remove much that I actually feel really great? I don't know.

The tumescent fluid-blood-cocktail that kept running out of one of my apparently two incisions has also stopped for now. I don't know if it's only the compression garment that pushed my skin (and remaining fat) togehther but I feel my belly button is located a little higher that it used to be. Tomorrow I may take the garment off to wash it and I can’t wait to see what’s underneath. I'm worried he didn't take out enough fat.... uh and now comes the stingy pain again.

Worst thing is that I am bored. What am I gonna do all day.. lying around... arrrgh.
I must admit I went to the grocery store even though they said I shouldn’t take a walk outside until Friday. I just really felt like doing it, and I was hungry ;) The swelling impaired my movements, I walked like in slowmo and my knees and back hurt, but other than that, it felt and feels great. As for now, I’m mostly happy. I'll put new pics up every day.

Day 2 was swelling day - now it's day 3, and I...

day 2 was swelling day - now it's day 3, and I must admit I didn't dare to take a shower yet. Taking the garment of is such a weird feelig I'd rather go without it. The pain has mostly subsided, I've not had drainage again, and I hav no bruises. It looks a bit wavy though, making me wonder whether he shouldn't probably have fat removed from above the pouch too. But I'm only 3 days out, and I'll just wait and see :)

Today my belly looks like it did before, if not...

today my belly looks like it did before, if not worse. I have a sore blueish spot right above the navel and the skin feels overall weird, really soft and silky and hard on some spots. didn't take a shower still.. I'm gross, I know.

Day 6 PO - I finally took a shower and washed the...

day 6 PO - I finally took a shower and washed the garment and now I'm waiting for it to dry - no good feeling without it on. yesterday I had to walk for quite a bit (uphill) and it was no problem at all. see my pics - minor bruising appeared, and its still swollen, but overall it feels good.

Ok for some reason my last photos are upside down....

ok for some reason my last photos are upside down.. haha. whatever, I'm sure your power of imagination can handle this ;)

ropes! hardness! yeah!

ok, so after i looked way worse that before because of the swelling, it started to go down exactly after 14 days. i'm today 3 wks out and it's still swollen and HARD. so hard. and on one side, there's two "ropes" under the skin runnind from one incision straight across the belly, looks like a souvenir the cannula left behind. It doesn't exactly look awesome, but it's not too bad either. Someone saw me after showering without the garment on and even touched my belly, and said nothing (maybe he was just polite... hahaha.)

I am not getting any massag or drainage since i don't want to spend any more money on that. But if I still look and feel that weird after 4 weeks, I'll probably reconsider.

I'd post pics, but I'm so lazy :)

Tumble you look great have you had any changes when sitting or lying down. You posted before pics you were hoping for improvement. I have the sitting problem but standing its flat.
thanks! are you also considering lipo/already done it?
I have had my flanks done for a fat transfer during breast implant removal. Im now wanting to do the front because it feel like Im holding more fat there or it just the illusion from the back fat being done. How are you when sitting now? Have you had any changes.? I have a flat look when standing but sitting you can see the difference in the balance from front to back.
Hahaha I kinda like the upside down look!! You are really looking good - I can see a huge difference!!! You stop seeing the difference on yourself, I think, and only start seeing it with a critical eye. Seems like we all do that. Ahh!!! But you are looking really good. Huge difference from the pre-op pics...
Eating well post surgery means lots of water...a good 8 ounce glass 30 minutes before each meal. Lean proteins like chicken and fish, and loading up on fresh fruits and veggies. Avoid sodium, rich sauces and creams and keep it light. Eating this way in general is far healthier but post surgery especially it helps flush the body of toxins and drain fluids etc.
Keep in mind that the swelling will likely increase, and its quite possible that you will look at yourself and think "I look exactly the same....". If you do, don't let it get you down! Just remember that for many people it takes at LEAST a month to start seeing "real" post-swelling results. In the meantime, just eat well and wait it out. I had my stomach done on April 24, and my swelling really increased. Right now my lower ab area looks the same to me, but I'm confident that it's just continued swelling.
Thank you, thank you :). What does your surgeon say, when will you see full results? Would you share the cost? Thanks again, Peter
hey, thanks :) i thought so, too. I do see a bit of improvement today, but I'm confident it will get better :) what do you mean by "eat well", are there any specific dieting instructions your surgeon gave you (or you found out that help otherwise)?
Good morning,I had lipo done yesterday. I love it so far. The place went to the nurse and staff were wonderful. Did not spen a lot with PS ( stright to the point), but I did see him 2 times before my lipo. I weigh 124 lb when he came in to mark me I told him to suck I all out :) he got 2 1/2 liters. Good luck with your recovery. You look great. P
Thanks :) how much did he "suck out" of you? and are you feeling
stupid smartphone posted something i didnt want to ;) i actually wanted to ask how youre feeling so far, pain, drainage, bruising, swelling? Did you already take a shower? Are you taking any meds?
Hi tumle, I feel awesome taking my pain medicine. Mt PS took out 2 1/2 liters. No more love handles (: going to get tummy tuck. In 3 or 4 moths. .
seriously, tummy tuck just 3 - 4 months post op? did you also get lipo on the abdomen or only on the legs?
No shower jet ( Sunday) I have my pics under Teresa louisville on this page. I have a lot of bruising.
Did ABS, sides and lower back. my PS said to do lipo frist ,he would be able to get me flattest and safest ( less chance of tissue not healing. ) Pu
Hi Teresa Lou, sounds great. where did you have it done, how much did it cost? Thank you.
Hi, petter 22 I had it done in louisville, and it was 3700, I have a post under teresa louisville. Today is my third day post po. My wight is up 3 lbs ( swelling) I guess. I feel like I stuff pig in my compression garment.
You are very funny... I am sure you will lose more than 3 lbs. When will you post pics? :)) Peter
I have posted pics, it should be on real life under time for me.Post optics don't look pretty at all and are getting worst looking by the day. My love handles are gone and sides are smaller but ABS looks biger.
Can't wait to see some after pics...the stinging comes and goes, some weird numbness, be ready for a REALLY weird sensation when the garment comes off. Feels like your skin is not attached and everything will fall out. Totally odd!! I am sure you look great...I am 9 days out and can't wait for all the swelling and everything to go. Remember to be patient!! (that's what everyone is telling me!!)
Thanks :) where did you get lipo and how much fat has been removed? do you still wear your garment 24/7 or do you take it of while showering.. etc? Are you/have you ever been in pain?
You had such a small amount removed I doubt you will have any complications or much pain at all. I had 4000CC removed my whole abs and whole back and inner thighs. I am now almost 4 months and my sides are still kind of numb and some in my abs. I did wear the CG for almost 2 months. My doctor had me shower every day and I must admit it felt so good having warm water wash over. Just a bugger getting the CG back on. But it felt good having it on then it irritated me in 30 minutes...LOL..but incredible results.
I hope so too :) It was also a very small area, so not much wund surface too. Can you send me a link to our review? I am somehow not forwarded to it through your profile (new to RealSelf) but I' love to see your result, 4000CC sounds scary but if it worked it must look amazing :)
your not our ..
Hi tumbleweed. Yes, I am still wearing garment 24/7. I will be 2 weeks tomorrow. Not sure the cc or liter amount but in my pics there is one of my doc holding the bag of my fat. Ew!! I don't even remember taking that picture haha. I got the lipo on my upper back rolls, hip rolls, lower abs, and axilla (little areas by armpits.) my tummy did not bruise - my lower back bruised horribly!! I looked and felt great at 2 days, but by day 5 the swelling was insane and I felt like all te fat came back. Just swelling though and it is normal. Try to drink extra water and avoid sodium and salty foods! At 2 weeks the swelling is starting to lessen and soreness and bruising are almost gone. Still though the swelling will take 3 months to really go so I have prepared my mind to accept that!