Juvederm Ultra Plus in Lips and Smile Lines - Victoria, BC

I've been contemplating having this procedure done...

I've been contemplating having this procedure done for an extremely long time. I got unmotivated to proceed when I asked other people for their opinions and if you're reading this of course you have an idea about the negative opinions people may or may not have. I decided to go for it because I couldn't stop thinking about it! And to hell what people think anyways!

I have naturally larger lips however the top lip was noticeably way smaller then the bottom and I like the look of proportionate lips. I got a full syringe of Juvederm ultra plus, my doc recommended this and I trust her opinion on what would be the best for my face. I was EXTREMELY scared and almost backed out last minute! The thought of potentially hating my new look was almost too much to bare but I went for it anyways, and I'm happy I did! We put half in my smile lines and half in my lips. It didn't hurt at all, I actually weirdly liked the feeling. Of course I was injected with a needle at first to freeze the area (I'm sure I would have thought differently without haha) At first it was quite a shock! More so in the lips of course, I couldn't and can't really tell a difference in my smile lines but it's probably because my lips are taking all the attention away. Warning to all ladies considering this!!- when you wake up the day after DONT panic! I was extremely swollen and almost started crying and regretting my decision immediately. This went down and now I'm really happy with the results. I only got this done two days ago and I can already tell I'm happy and can definitely see myself doing it again in the future. The only thing that I'm unsure on at this point is I have a couple hard lumps on the top and bottom of my lips where the needle was injected but my doc has reassured me that these will dissolve and go down. Ill do a follow up post in a couple weeks!

Ooh your results look amazing! A recently had my upper lip and I love it but now I want to get my smile lines too. Did you have any bruising?
Great result! You did have beautiful lips to begin with but top and bottom are much more even now. I did the same and panicked the following day! Juvaderm really causes a lot of swelling especially when u wake up. Really nice result though- congrats!
Thanks for sharing so much detail!  I wonder if the smile lines will look better to you once your lips are settled and you've had a chance to get use to them.  Definitely keep us posted on your continued healing, and how long it lasts!
Paula L