Three Months Post OP and Definitely Worth It!! - Victoria, BC

Four years ago, I lost a significant amount of...

Four years ago, I lost a significant amount of weight and like so many others on this site, was left with loose hanging skin. I went from being overweight and self concious of my belly to having a huge overhang of skin and still being self concious of my belly LOL. For years, I have avoided anything that would require me to remove my shirt. Although, my activity level has been excellent since beginning my weight loss journey, I still felt very restricted by my jelly belly. I ran (best thing for taking the weight off) , did hot yoga, lifted weights and ate sensibly. But of course nothing could tone the loose sagging skin. Our stories are similer:) After alot of research, I decided to go ahead and set up a consultation with a plastic surgeon in my area. That was in September 2012 and I made my decision that day to schedule my surgery for November. That was almost three months ago and I don't have a single regret.

My surgery and recovery went very well. I took pain meds for only the first few days after the procedure and switched to Ibuprofen after that. By the fourth week, with my surgeon's ok, I was back to doing light cardio at the gym. Swelling continues to be an issue as it seems to be with so many fellow tummy tuckers but continues to get better.

Some days are definitely better than others in this regard. I wore my compression garment 24/7 for the first eight weeks and I still sleep in it at times keep the swelling at bay. Based on stories from this site, I know I have to be patient. I am still healing and will be for quite some time. But the time really does fly. It is hard to believe that it is almost 3 mos po already. Thanks to all the guys and gals who have shared their stories on this site. They have helped me prepare for the surgery and find motivation and realistic expectations of the outcome.

Before my surgery, I was compulsively checking this site for any newcomers and pics and I still check in every day. "Abscapes" your detailed review was sooo helpful in my preparation. Thanks:)

I will try uploading pics soon as I have to resize them and continue to update.

Happy healing everyone!!