First Time Botox, Did Nothing at All - Vernon Hills, IL

I got 20 units injected and it felt liked it...

I got 20 units injected and it felt liked it worked a little, then went back to normal in about 8 days. I called the dr, and she gave me 10 more, again, nothing. Now I am determined to go somewhere to do it right, after reading all the information, it is rare that botox wont work, so I am trying a dr that is recommended by friends.

Dysport is good for larger area, such as forehead. I use dysport on forehead and eyelid. I have very strong flown line that I use Botox to fix it. My key spot is right above the mid section of my eyebrows, where the muscle pulls to make flown lines, but you'll need to inject to the top of the flown mountain/line as well. I use 30-35 units for the flown line. You have just started, so you may need a little more like 40 units to see the same result. After a couple of year of constant treatment, you can decrease to about 30 units. The best part of this treatment is that your flown muscle mountains will be flat over years. Botox effects will last about 2-3 weeks longer than Dysort for me.
I'm using Botox for over many years and always go with who offers discount. so I experienced about 6 different doctors and have received a good and bad results. There are 2 important lessons I have learned. 1) Make sure Botox is not deluded. 2) Make sure Dr is experienced (Not trainee) and able to customize it for your face muscle structures. The result from all doctors are not same. If they don't inject to the right spot with right amount, you'll see no result, too much of result or the uneven result. If Dr missed the spot, injecting 30 units to the surrounding area or the wrong spot, will not bring you the result you have expected. It happen to me as well through same 40 units of Botox injected by the different Doctors. Only experienced will know where is the right spot on your face, but I suggest you to become an expert over the year. Pay attention to where the doctor inject and remember the result. Ask for the injection plan face map to take home if you want. After all, you are able to tell any new doctors where is your spot and how much he/she need to inject you. Where I used to go, she wants me to have 60 units, but I can cut corners and have the same result with 45 units by tell her what to do. My suggestion, change your doctor. I always pick one who are around my age (45+) and see how well she fixes her face. Then I know she can do the same for me.

Oh what a bummer that must have been!! I'm guessing this was your first experience with Botox? If it doesn't work with the new injector you might want to check into Xeomin. From what I understand they are a touch different, so sometimes one will work better for a person.

Keep us posted on what goes on for you!

unfortunately I got what I paid for, nothing and nothing....it was an amazon deal, and they backed me up and returned my money, and so did the dr. I dont know if the botox was old or the injections were not in the right places, would love some advice.