Look Before You Leap with Invisalign, Ventura County, California

I decided that I wanted perfect teeth. My teeth...

I decided that I wanted perfect teeth. My teeth now are very white, and almost straight, but they feel as if they're shifting. So I spoke to my dentist, (who I really like as a dentist) and took the plunge. One day after my second tray set, my entire mouth & lips swelled up like a balloon (I got teased for over-Botoxing) and then the blisters started. Now, 7 days later, the swelling is gone, but the blisters are still there and hopefully will get no worse. My tongue also has blisters on the tip. I also have abrasions on the inside where the anchors were installed on my teeth. Except for an occasional canker sore, I've never had anything like this. Obviously my Invisalign trays are off now and not going back on. My dentist said he "never heard" of anything like it although there are many many people on various forums who have told the same stories. I asked him if he had ever googled "Invisalign Problems" - he said no. Clearly he hasn't done his homework, and to be fair, I didn't do mine. When I bite my lip I get a blister, so any abrasions to my mouth would be a possible breakout. I should have thought about that. So the message here is do your homework, and think carefully about it, and ask your provider what happens to your money if something goes terribly wrong.
A general practice dentist