Is Discomfort 10 Days After Vaser Liposuction Normal?

I had thought about liposuction for over 6 years...

I had thought about liposuction for over 6 years to eliminate fatty deposits and problem areas that diet and exercise did not touch. So far it was a great decision and I loved my surgeon. She was very thorough, precise, honest and caring. The pros at 10 days post is that I look so much better and i feel lighter. The cons is the expense, the neeed for general anesthesia and the continued discomfort.

is it normal to continue to have discomfort 10 days post? I continue to have numbness, itchiness, tightness and pain however it has lessened. its still hard to go from one position to another and i stifen up quickly.

Latham Plastic Surgeon

I absolutely loved her and her office staff. Very kind, thorough, patient, precise and honest. She was the only DR out of 4 consultations that took her own pictures and measurements and did a thorough medical history. She spent so much time with me and my other Dr both in person and on the phone. She was wonderful.

BTW after all my whining today I actually took off my garment and looked at myself in the mirror and noticed things are looking better. My stomach is totally flat, yet ripply and my hips look smaller. My legs look the same but I guess onlt time will tell.
Hi all, I had Vaser surgery done 5 days ago and wow, I honestly have a high pain threshold but I found it very painful. I was under General and had my inner & outer thigh and knees done. I stayed in hospital for 4 days (Normal in Thailand) which I am glad about as I would not have been happy going home in the state I was in. I had draining tubes for the first two days and since then just a plaster and no further draining. Can't imagine how swollen I'd have been if I never had them though. They put me in tightish bandages which were changed daily for 4 days then I was given the compression garment. Not comfortable to get into but ok once it's on. I feel better much more supported when it is on, it gives a good silhouette and really holds you in place. I don't feel comfortable without it. I've been told to wear mine for about 2-3 months. Personally I'll wear it for as long as possible, after all this there is no way I'm ruining the outcome because I didn't wear the garment. I've also ordered a black one which looks just like black sports leggings and they are from the Veronique range. First day back in the gym today just doing upper body weights and been walking a lot. Not having a problem with swelling as much but boyfriend is massaging legs and feet 3 times a day bless him. Only thing really bugging me is having to still sleep on my back, there is no way I can lie on my sides yet and as the bed is hard where we are staying my stomach ends up hurting from the compression garment! Oh well roll on another 7 weeks!
Hi, I had my vaser done about 10 days ago on my stomach, inner and outer thighs , hips, and I have alot of bruising. Not so much swelling but bruising, alot. I had my vaser done in Austin, TX, my plastic surgeon is great. I am sad because I did this to get rid of some cellulite on the back of my legs and it is still there. The doctor said it will become less visible but I am very doubtful. I am wearing my garmet 24/7, only to wash it and to bathe.
Ann, that is amazing! You should be a great role model for your family. It's almost eerie, but my own dad was also my *inspiration* to stay healthy - precisely because he was so UNhealthy: smoker, drinker, no exercise, overweight. He did great till he hit mid-60s, then it was all quickly downhill. He died of congestive heart failure at 76, which I thought was way too young. You are doing the right thing by living a healthy life - even if you can't convince your family otherwise!
Yes, I do sleep in mine. My doctor recommended that I wear it for at least 3 months, his staff recommended as long as I can do it. I am a very disciplined person. I get up every morning and do some sort of exercise even if I am for example going to my martial arts training later, which i a work out all in itself. I eat pretty healthy, but am not real weird about my diet meaning, I jut make healthier choices no matter the situation I am encountering, I am not going to turn down a burger at a BBQ, but I will likely pass on the super high calorie dessert or the chips etc. My motivation is my family, all of whom are unhealthy and over wieght. I have tried to help them over the past 20 years, but they insist on doing things to be unhealthy. I do not want to be laid up i bed like my father was at the age of 62, this gives me the motivation to stay the course, but I still indulge at times. I want to enjoy life.
Pretty normal results. I am almost 12 weeks post op (I had PAL), still have some tenderness especially in the thighs and along the flank area. I also still have quite a bit of the numbness. It is improving though and I am not concerned. I suspect it could be up to 1 year post opp for some of those signs to disappear. BTW, I still wear my garment almost always. I only take it off to shower, wash it, or when I go to the local pool or out to the lake. I did for the first time today decide not to wear it when I worked out in a kickboxing class. Otherwise, I wear it consistently. Wearing a garment is probably about the best thing you can do to obtain optimum results.
WOW! You are disciplined. I bet my garment will drive me mad as a bee's nest by the 2nd week, but I have read a few other patients who also wear their garment for many weeks after the surgery. Do you also sleep with it on? Would you ever ask your doctor, "At what point will my skin have reattached as best as it ever will so I can take the compression garment off forever?" I'd love to know what your doc says. Cuz I have restless leg syndrome as it is, and any kind of constricting garment makes my skin crawl like its covered in ants!
Marishka, I am a veteran of having MANY plastic surgical procedures done - face work plus lipo. So I can guarantee that it is completely normal to feel all the sensations you currently have (pain, itching, tightness) at just 10 days post. You will experience a gradual reduction in these annoying sensations over the many (yes, many!) months to come. My lipo was easier than the midface and brow lift I had done, but I do recall how each area of my body took its own time to heal completely. The only thing you would need to get concerned over is IF you develop a fever, experience swelling/redness/HOT infected pain. Typically, this kind of situation would have come on much sooner. So you are probably "out of the woods" - and that's a great thing. Thanks for sharing your experience, cuz I will be having Vaser Hi Def lipo at the end of August!