27 Year Old, Scarring Hyper Pigmentation, Great Results - Vancouver, WA

In the last few years I started to get acne, I...

In the last few years I started to get acne, I never had it in high school or college, it wasn't until graduate school it decided to flare up. I have a really bad habit of picking at my skin and as a result I caused hyper pigmentation on my cheeks, chin and forehead from three years of non-stop picking. I also recently went on a trip to central america and when I returned my skin was horribly spotty, dalmatian looking almost. I started on Neutrogena's Rapid Tone Repair at night to even out some of the spotting but other areas would not seem to go away. I went to a plastic surgeon asking of Fraxel to smooth out and tone out my skin. The doctor said Fraxel laser treatment wasn't ideal for people with moderate acne scarring and hyper pigmentation. She said it works better for people with deep wrinkles and suggested I try a less invasive (and cheaper!) method first.

So I went in on Tuesday for the VI Peel, took about 15 minutes, went through the steps of using the towelettes the first two days and washing with a delicate cleanser. I woke up Day 2 with a really itchy face, I put the post-peel cream on and the itching stopped. I continued to work from home Day 2, went to the gym and did a walk/jog on the treadmill. Face was a little red, but nothing I couldn't be seen in public with. Today is Day 3 and my chin & mouth have started peeling. The skin underneath is pink, but smooth and even toned. I'm really optimistic about this peel and if I find that my face looks fresh I have no problem going back for a second and third one.

Some of the horror stories I've read on here seem to be person specific. I'm 27 of Croatian decent with olive skin, dark eyes and dark hair, a pretty common gene pool for hyper pigmentation. I'd say if you are able to take 4-5 days off and don't mind spending around $200 a peel, seriously consider it. It will make your skin feel smooth and healthy. The results have been pretty dramatic for me only after one peel so I imagine others will find the same success. Good luck!!

Gorin Plastic Surgery

How is your skin looking today?   I am anxious to hear what you think of the final results.