SmartXide Procedure Done April 12, 2012

Why i did it? I am 61 yrs old with white white...

Why i did it? I am 61 yrs old with white white skin and some winkles around the mouth and eyes. I started using Retitin A and hychoclic acid lotion in November 2011 and was happy with the clarity of my skin. However, i wanted to get of winkles and in April, 2012 I decided to go ahead with the procedure because I had the time to invest to the downtime it takes recoup. Please be prepared -- it is painful during the procedure. It is extremely painful for the next 3 days afterwards. You look like a burn victim. I had the procedure done on Thursday -- and was in bed until Sunday. Then your face starts to scap over and fall off. It looks bad!!! It is now 10 days out. No more pain, my face is pink. So time will tell.

It is so important to find and develop a relationship with your doctor. This procedure is extreme and you will wonder WHY you did it. I got a recommendation from my GP and then I spent $100 to visit the plastic surgeon. She started me out conservatively to reach my ultimate goal. NOTE: even the doctors have not had this procedure done due to the DOWNTIME for recouperation.

Thanks for the strong heads up on the downtime required. You are right, it is very important for people to know that so they can plan accordingly for work & such.

Did your doctor tell you when you could expect to see the full results from the procedure?

I go back for a visit on Wed - 4/25. She says I should see improvement every day. The goal to this procedure is to build collogen which will continue the next year or so -- so the studies and results have suggested. Even though I research the procedure for 6 months and talked to actual patients of the doctor -- and I thought I knew what to expect -- but the pain is bad and down time is long! And you can even experience depression because of how bad you look and feel. With time, the cold packs to the face, the pain medication, antibiatics and anti fungal medicine -- so far so good!! I expect fantastic results!
can you update please? Would you do it again? Would you recommend it someone considering it? what are you results now?