Breast Cancer/Double Mastectomy Surgery with Immediate Expanders/delayed Reconstruction Due to Radiation - Vancouver, WA

AMAZING, Caring, Not just a doctor/surgeon.. I...

AMAZING, Caring, Not just a doctor/surgeon.. I can't pick one word to describe him.
When I found out I had breast cancer and my surgeon Dr. Storm-Dickerson (who he and she work MARVELOUSLY together) mentioned his name (cause I had no surgeon names just laying around in my head) I knew he was the one who would help take care of me. From the first day I met him he has always made me feel like I am important to him. Not just me as a patient, but as a person, an individual, a woman. When we received the news that I had to have radiation and the expanding would have to stop (only one so far) and the saline had to be taken out. After he had received the call from the Radiation Dr., the first thing he asked them, how is she doing? did anyone call her this weekend. He was the only one who remembered that when I was diagnoised with breast cancer I stated very STRONGLY that I didn't and wouldn't want to have radiation due to many personal reasons, one being what bad effects it still has on my Aunt. But the "big" test on the largest tumor showed chemo wouldn't help, but that we had to start radiation. I was devastated to say the least.
But the moment he walked into the room and asked me how I was doing I just started to cry, and he just stood there and gave me the most reassuring hug ever, that as soon as the radiation was done, I was his again, and that he promised he would make it all okay. That was his job, to help me and be there for me. So I knew as they emptied the expanders it would be okay, still hurt inside but I knew. So last radiation treatment was a few weeks ago. And we didn't let any grass grow under my feet, the expansion began just like he said it would, immediately.
Not that he can do anything about the pain from the expanders except offer me some suggestions to relieve the pain. I know I am in great hands. His staff ALL of them are awesome!!!
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon