Having my Tt This November 8! - Vancouver, WA

Well, my story is not much different from most,...

Well, my story is not much different from most, after having children my tummy just didnt look good (acctually, I have never had a flat tummy :) I found this site and i swear I know everybodys stories lol. I have been to 2 doctors over the course of several years. finally, last month I went to my third one and right there I decided i was going to do it. my doctor had done tummy tucks on two of his nurses and his wife! THAT was reassuring!Also, He seems very nice :)

My husband was not thrilled with the idea, he was nervous about the seriousness of the operation and also that it was an elective one. NOBODY except my husband and children know about it, so writing my story here is helping me a lot. Incredibly, I havent had any panic atacks lol, but I keep thinking about not waking up from the anesthesia and THAT scares me! Anyways, I am going to try to write about my progress, wish me luck please :)

Portland Plastic Surgeon

Has anyone else went through Dr. Workman? I am thinking if having a consult with him at his Tricities location. Anyone have pics??? Advice for a full tummy tuck?
I am having my TT on dec 5th with DR. Workman as well...I would like to chat about our experience...
Can't wait to hear how it has gone! Hope you're not feeling too bad!
Hey surgery today! Pictures please when you get the chance.
Congrats! Please post pictures and updates. I would love to hear how things went and are going.
Good luck to you! I am 55 like you did not like the appearance of my tummy after 3 children - two of those children were twins. After having twins I had a large split/diastatis in my rectus abdominus muscle which had become very uncomfortable. I had surgery on Sept. 14. I LOVE the results - best thing I ever did!
Recovery is not that bad. I came home with a catheter,pain pump, and a couple of drains. My daughter helped me for two days and then I did fine on my own. Took pain meds for about a week. Just stopped wearing my compression garment. Walmart sells a great one called Cupid that I would highly recommend. Good luck - you will love it!!!!!!
I have the same fear as you...I read somewhere that many people are actually more afraid of being knocked out than what they are of the actual surgery...thats us! I guess were not so strange :)
Your big day is 2 days away! How are you feeling? Do you have everything ready? Today I will be cleaning the house :( but it will keep me busy.
Good luck. Tell your hubby it ain't no big thang. :-) Seriously, it's not so bad and the results are amazing.
Good Luck on your surgery. I'm having a TT on Nov 10, so I'm just a few days behind you! We're both gonna look great on the other side. :)

We are all here for you.   Wow just a couple more days and you are on your way to the new tummy.

Anesthesia fears seem to be the biggest scare for most people...naturally.   The doctors will take good care of you and all will be well.

Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us her on RealSelf.  This is extremely helpful to others going through this process.  Please do keep us up to date.  I would love to know hoe you found RealSelf?