Best Investment Ever - Vancouver, Canada

I have very fast growing corse hair on my legs. I...

I have very fast growing corse hair on my legs. I would shave in the morning and it would be prickly by night. Even after shaving, my legs were still rough. I am asian and have medium skin tone that tan very easily. I had enough so decided to scope out laser hair removal. I was scared of pain and mostly I was scared of any permanent damage it would cause on my skin. I chose to get IPL laser done on my legs after a friend's recommendation. Got a deal of 5 treatments for $ 400 which is very reasonable. After first treatment I saw about 50% reduction in hair growth. The hair that grew back were also softer and not as corse.The pain during treatment was also very minimal, I would rate on a pain scale about 1-2 out of 10. I did not see any side effects on my skin after the treatment, not even redness. I just finished my 5th treatment and I would say I have noticed about 90% in reduction of hair growth. I only have to shave about once a month and even then there is very little hair to shave. My legs feel soft all the time. I cannot wait to wear shorts and dresses in the summer again and actually feel ok with my husband touching my legs now. It's a big relief to have no hair on my legs. I don't know about other types of lasers but IPL is very effective on my hair.

Hi Akyi,
I'm looking into getting IPL. Can you let me know where you got yours done?
Thanks!
IPL are working slowly thinning hairs ,but gives good results thanks to share your experiences ,now it become quite simpler to go with newer techniques of hair removal.

Hi Akyi, thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad the procedure worked out well for you, seems like you got the results you desired!