Great Results - Vancouver, BC

I'm 23 - I originally got Botox on the...

I'm 23 - I originally got Botox on the recommendation of my orthodontist - in the muscles beside my nose to reduce my gummy smile. The Botox works by relaxing the muscles that lift your upper lip when you smile - now my lip lifts just above my teeth. Much better than the alternatives - gum grafting or surgery. I figured while I was there I would ask about the fine lines forming on my forehead and frown lines. I have very fair, dry skin and have had too many sunburns - so it makes sense that the wrinkles are forming now in my early 20's. The doctor put a few units in for my forehead wrinkles, frown lines (the "11"s) and at the corners of my eyes. I know a lot of people have a misunderstanding about Botox - but it works to prevent deep wrinkles from forming in the first place - so starting it in your 20's makes sense to me! We set the groundwork in our TEENS (sun damage anyone?)for what our skin will look like in our 30's and beyond. Definitely worth it - make sure you go to a good doctor. Droopy eyebrows are not cool, and there are so many facial muscles - don't take the chance with someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

I wish I had thought of it, but I didn't! I will try to take some pics once it has worn off this time and then after again.

Pictures, or even if you could do a video diary, would be great. Keep me informed of how everything goes and your next post of pictures or video.

Thanks so much for being part of the Botox community.

-Britt

Hi abd87,

Thanks for giving more information, we always love to hear how people are feeling afterwards. Good to hear that you enjoyed it so much you are going to continue, it sounds like you look amazing, do you happen to have before and after pictures? We would love to see them.

Thanks so much,

-Britt

Dr. Martin Braun

Dr. is super knowledgable and pleasant. He conducts training seminars on Botox and injectables for many physicians in the city.