Would STAY AWAY FROM IPL! - Vancouver, BC

I had it done almost 5 years ago. The damage still...

I had it done almost 5 years ago. The damage still continues. I have proof and pictures. Please email me if you want to see what it did. I've posted all over the forum and internet the dangers of IPL and what it can do to you.
It left zig zag marks, lines and scratches, very enlarged stretched out pores, squares with holes visible from a distance, list goes on and on.
This is a very serious problem and I hope that I can save one person from having their face destroyed! Please take to heart and don't become the next IPL VICTIM!

I was told it would help my skin condition, the...

I was told it would help my skin condition, the doctor lied. I AM NOT REFERRING TO DR. BERAKA, THE UNETHICAL DOCTOR I AM TALKING ABOUT IS IN VANCOUVER ON WEST BROADWAY, PLEASE ADVISE

Vancouver Dermatologic Surgeon

It will damage your SKIN! Stay AWAY FROM IPL! I am proof years later that the damage is now showing up! Dr. C refuses to call and help with the problem. I am in the process of legal matters and hope that I save others from the same fate! God Bless Everyone! I am gathering pictures to post, keep your eyes open!

Updated on 25 Feb 2011:
I have a question for you Dr. Beraka. I had IPL done in 06 by a doctor who I now question his ethics. I am having some issues arise nearly 5 years after the procedure. The doctor will not call me back and has his helpers take calls. They are all very crass and defensive. I have noticed that the texture of my skin has completely changed. All the things that IPL is marketed as helping skin problems has actually created all the problems it is suppose to correct. Instead of reducing pore size, it has increased the pore size. It left squares all over the face. Pock marks, indents, orange peeling all over, crepe paper effect, the list goes on and on. Is there anything that can be done to stop this and if so, what would you recommend? Is it going to continue and would you say that DNA damage has occured? It's a shame that the doctor I went to is so unscrupulous and unethical, email me if you would like his name.

Soon I am going to get a test spot done for both IPL and Fractionated light treatment. I have hyper-reactive skin and am concerned about permanent damage such as burning and scarring after reading your comments. Were your treatments done by board certified plastic surgeons or dermatologists? Can you tell me what subcutaneous fat atrohpy is?
Jule,
Subcutaneous fat atrophy, also referred to as lipoatrophy, in laymen's terms is fat loss. This is when the fat is "melted" away due to thermal injury. It's not a pleasant experience to say the least and when it happens, makes the face sag, causes dents, wrinkles, etc. IPL as well as "fraxel" have both been known to cause facial fat loss. Thermage has also caused it as well as many other similar devices. Please weigh your options very carefully before you decide to move forward with this type of treatment.
I too was severely damaged by an IPL in 2007. Many surgeries and thousands of dollars to fix the subcutaneous fat atrophy it caused. Life altering.
TikiTiki- I am considering IPL treatment but am concerned about the negative effects you have had. You said I could email you for pictures. How do I email you?

Hi Jule,

Welcome to the IPL community. To email Tiki Tiki, click here, which takes you to their profile. On the top right you will see a part that says "send user a private message." Click there and it will let you send Tiki Tiki an email. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

-Britt

Same thing happened to me! It's the worst nightmare, no one should have to go through it. It's been 5 months since my last treatment and I have nerve damage to my entire face, not to mention all the disfiguring problems Tiki mentions.
Can you tell me what type of disfiguring problems you had? Has your nerve damage continued?

HI West,

I'm so sorry you are still dealing with this 5 years later. Have you gone to see anyone else over the years to see if they could help? Please keep us updated.

-Britt