Radiesse in Hands 100% Worth It (So Far) - Vancouver, BC

I bit the bullet and had my bony/veiny but not...

I bit the bullet and had my bony/veiny but not discoloured hands injected with Radiesse. I am now three weeks in and it hasn't fully "settled." This means one day my hands will look almost puffy, the next, "just" 20 years younger. I am completely thrilled by this and wish I had done this years ago as I have been quite self-conscious.

Dr. Charles Cheng of Skin Matters in Vancouver was my Doc. He has a different technique from the "bolus" or withdrawal method. He injects all over (no pain as he puts an anaesthetic cream on first). No bruising, just new hands! I also asked him to put in a little Botox in my forehead at follow-up and he does this differently as well - many more tiny injections all over and all of them painless without anything but ice first.

I have heard from some people that when the Radiesse finally settled and the skin accepted its presence, that the hands looked disappointingly deflated. I will keep everyone briefed on that aspect. So far I am thrilled.

Oh yes, and I have had 2.5 syringes put in, with the extra half going in as a touch up as soon as I can afford the time. It is expensive, yes, but for the extra confidence, it's worth it.

As a point of interest, I first went to Dr. Cheng to enquire about Ulthera. I am impressed with both the Radiesse and the Botox, so I may (if I can afford to) have the Ulthera for my arms. (They are a little wizened and crepey-looking in the elbow crease or crook of the arm.) The doc felt the Ulthera could make a difference and, since I sense he doesn't want to do anything unless he knows it will work, and is rather blunt about that, I feel confident there would be some improvement.

No, I'm not his mom and I don't work there ;)

Just-past-6-months update. I can still see the...

Just-past-6-months update. I can still see the result and my hands remain younger in appearance.
Dr. Charles Cheng

I was EXTREMELY happy with the staff here. They were charming, efficient and courteous. Emails are answered promptly and phone calls made to make sure you don't forget your appointment. There was a wait time in the office but sometimes this can't be helped and I was willing to overlook it for the excellent service I received there.