Freaking Out!! - Vancouver, BC

Booked for Mini TT and Breast implants. Dr...

Booked for Mini TT and Breast implants. Dr suggested I go for Mini. beginning to wonder if Ill get results I want. I have read too many stories of women wishing they had listened to their gut and gone with Full and opted for Mini based upon Dr. I have seen him 2X to discuss and he says same thing! ????

Question also about recovery room. I am so...

Question also about recovery room. I am so sensitive to medications and know if will be puking. Did any of u? And if so was it so awful on your new tummy?

Done!!! And got the full afterall

Done!!! And got the full afterall

Got the full after all. Haven't seen it yet since...

Got the full after all. Haven't seen it yet since I'm bandaged up, but hoping it was right choice.

Im 1 week + 2 days p.o and an Healing well....

Im 1 week + 2 days p.o and an Healing well. Stopped pain meds after 2 nights. Only Advil for 2 days after that and now nothing!!! And felt soooo much better not taking those awful pain meds. they made me feel sick. Got drains out at 4 days p.o Hallelujah!!! I hated those things!!! Breasts looks amazing!!! Ended up going with the full TT afterall, which I'm happy about, just wish that he would have been able to have gotten my belly Button ring scar out:( and the atrerch marks that were above it. he was unable to, so I will need to have a revision to help settle the yucky scar once I heal more. I knew this was a possibility as most of my laxity was under the BB, but since I needed full plication he was going to try his best. I know he did. Also wish my BB was a touch bigger. We had the discussion about his bb style a head of time and I knew he aired on the smaller side, but yeesh its smaller than I thought. Better then my hooded nightmare I had before, but way smaller than I anticipated. Anyway now its just the waiting game:) one day at a time

2 weeks 2 days po. Starting to be a bit...

2 weeks 2 days po. Starting to be a bit discouraged:( I am either really swollen or somehow this TT has made me look fatter;( I look way more full in my midsection and I'm hoping this goes away as it basically took the mommy pooch I had around my BB and moved it down. Please tell me I didn't go through all this only to look worse!

3 weeks po

So today I'm 3 wks po. I've never been the person who gets blue or depressed, ever!!! Not even after my body went thought the changes of pregnancy 4Xs. I feel worse about myself now then I did before..... Never thought it would be this way. I'm happy my breast turned out good but have literally balled my eyes out about my TT. Perhaps it's because I feel like the outcome is not at all what I expected, or maybe its the guilt I'm feeling about spending all that $ and not getting near the result I thought. The idea of being able to wear a bikini again after 4 kids was sooo exciting! And at this point I'm so sad because I truly feel like I will never ever again:( at this point happy my diastasis is fixed, but the fact that when I sit I still have a roll is just the tip of the iceberg for me. I haven't even discussed this with my PS as I don't see him for another 3 wks, and I feel really bad as he's a nice guy, but honestly feel like I will break down in his office and don't want to freak him out and figured waiting till my 6 wk ck would be good as I wil have given it time. Anyway I just posted a picture of me sitting and I can see what I mean!!! Bloody awful!!!
Demiunzck

How are you doing now, Mummyof4? Have you had your 6 month check up, yet? What size implants did you go with? I'm newly implanted and I saw your post on CRussell's page about them going down in size. I'm really hoping mine do! Would love to an update. Thanks!
Had my BB ring scar removed. I need to update my photos. Basically my PS cut it out. So it made my vertical scar longer:( but atleast I don't have that weird looking portion of skin anymore. Hoping the scar will fade so much more. Still not 100% happy and will be speaking with my surgeon about it in October when I have my 6 mo ck up
How have you been? I hope you are feeling better!! You and I have a similar pre and post body shape, from what I can tell.
My belly button ring scar looks just like yours post tummy tuck. I am 5 weeks post and it is a flap of skin above my vertical scar. I see my PS on July 1st and am hoping something can be done about it. How did you make out at your 6 wk appt
Gettingmyoldstomachback, will you please let us know what you ps tells you about a revision for that area? I don't care for my vertical scar/old BB/BB piercing. Hope you are healing well too!
This is NOT ur final results!!! Don't be discouraged...I know it's hard, but what u see as a roll is swelling! I promise u!!! Keep that excitement of wearing a bikini fresh in ur mind, cuz it's now a reality! It takes time... I'm almost 8 wks PO and still dealing with lots if swelling and a "bubble" of fluid above my incision on my right side. It's getting better, but definitely still there. We are on this journey together :0) hang in there (((hugs)))
Thank you for the encouraging words. Trying to stay patient and thought I did a good job preparing myself ahead of time, guess not.
You look fabulous!!
Thank you!!!
I feel the same way! Unfortunately you have many more days ahead of you before the swelling goes down. I am 10 weeks po and the swelling is just part of the recovery, but I will say, I have had my share of depressed days and feeling fatter than I was before the surgery. I have read some ladies say it takes 6 to 8 months for the swelling to go away. Hang in there and be content in knowing that the loose skin is gone :) and now you just have to be patient for the body to heal. Good luck with your recovery.
I feel EXACTLY how you do about the after 'pooch'. My PS assures me this is just swelling and WILL go down. You are thinner than I was to begin with but I know that even with the extra skin and 'ledge' I know that I seemed flatter especially when I sucked it in. I had visions of complete flatness in my head pre-surgery. I honestly do believe we will be all looking back on this in 6 months and posting how we just needed time. :)
I feel the same way about myself :0( it must be swelling?!?!?! Right?!?!?! It's very frustrating, but we can relate to other stories here at RS and heal together
Give yourself more time to heal. I bet what you are noticing is the swelling. I read this information from a PS on here regarding this issue, I hope it helps. When in an upright position, the lymphedema cannot cross the fresh incisional scar to drain into the inguinal lymph glands in the groin, so it tends to get "hung up" in the lower abdomen, producing more swelling above the scar. At night time, while lying down, the swelling drains dependently around to the back, but the cycle resumes when the sitting up/stands up the next day. *Chronic lymphedema (swelling) can turn into chronic fibrosis (scar tissue) resulting in a bulge or step off above the scar. Avoid any bouncing or twisting for several weeks. My thoughts in the matter- Your lymphatic system has been detached from your complete abdomin, so the fluids build up, and inflammation in that lower part is common. The fluids seem to settle there as your body is not at a place to absorb it all. I think that laying down as much as possible is possibly the way to go, so that the fluids can disperse as that PS mentioned. Many people notice that the swelling is less first thing in the morning, this is why... Drink plenty of fluids, keep sodium levels lower, and remember that time is your friend. I think that your results will be great!!
It takes time, hang in there you will love it after you have had time to heal. I came back on the site to review my old pics and it helps to post as you go. You can watch your progression take place. Good luck and God Bless.
I think going with your gut feeling was the best thing you could've done. Sending prayers for fast healing!
Thank you, can't wait to see it!!
Hey there neighbour! How you feeling? Did you end up feeling nauseated after? I puked so bad after my full TT (2011). I am interested in having my back done (upper back life for bra rolls) and was wondering if this doc does it. If so, I would like to hear from you what kind of doc he is! Thanks! Happy healing. You will look absolutely AMAZING ! Your gonna LOVE the results!
He is amazing!!!! He is honest, caring, straightforward and knows his craft! Pretty sure Dr. D doea everything!
I'm happy that you went with your gut feeling. How r u feeling?
Super sore, but they ended up doing TIVA (total intravenous anesthesia) so I didn't throw up!!! The anesthesiologist was phenomenal!!! She was my drs wife so she took extra care of me!!!
Hope your feeling better. Never heard of TIVA. Will look it up because I've had vomiting with anesthesia before. Not a great feeling at all.
It stands for total intravenous IV anesthesia. So no gas. That is what usually makes people vomit. So the anastesiologist didn't give me has and pumped me with anti nauseants ahead of putting me out. Worked like a charm!!
Thnks for the info. I will mention it to my ps as soon as I see him. I'm glad everything went well.
I am one day post op and haven't had to use my Phenergan. I took all my meds with me. The awesome nurses help with everything. You will be fine just let me know when you uncomfortable or sick. You'll do fine!!!
I read that a mini is just skin removal. I actually had wanted one because I did not want that long scar. However, I think that I need my muscles tightened above my navel as well. I want the tight, firm look and I will deal with the scar. A mini might be less money for you. I know that with my doctor, the price would have been cut in half. Good luck with whatever you choose! It's such a difficult decision. I would definitely research both options and compare pictures togive you a good idea of what you need.