Perfect for Erasing Sun Damage - Vancouver, BC

I did this at the same time as Botox. Essentially,...

I did this at the same time as Botox. Essentially, I had been thinking of IPL for a while, but the forehead wrinkles which freaked me out spurred me into a bit of a mini-makeover. I'm a redhead with a very fair complexion, and lots of freckles. I opted for face, neck, and decolletage. Essentially, because of sun damage, there was a very visible colour change. After one treatment, I can see a massive difference, particularly in my chest area. I was given a topical anaesthetic before treatment (which made my skin look kind of orange-y while it was on!) and it seemed to help a lot. My skin looked brighter within a day or two, and about a week or so after the "coffee grinds" wore off and now it looks amazing. I can't wait to see after I do a few more treatments. It's erased years and left a much more even skin tone. I would like to get this done on my arms and hands as well. My chest seemed to have a much more dramatic result than my face, which they said is typical and usually requires less treatments.

Wonderful, glad to hear this treatment worked well for you.  Did you have any pain during the procedure?
Hmmm, I guess a bit. In addition to the topical ointment they gave me, they also used a cold (refrigerated) gel during the treatment. Wasn't bad at all. I generally do not have a good reaction to anaesthetic, since I'm fairly immune to it. I'm guessing it would be much better for anyone else. The rubber band snapping is a good description. They also said that since I had a lot of target (ie freckles), that it would be worse for me than someone who didn't have them.
I am glad that it didn't have you on the ceiling during the procedure.

Second time slightly less dramatic

I went back for my second IPL, and it's continuing to improve. It's less dramatic, but I don't think it would ever be as dramatic as the first time. They did make the light slightly more intense. I still can't get over how much of a difference this makes in my skin texture. I've decided that I'm going to get my arms and hands done as well, because now the difference between them and my chest is just so striking.

Also being ridiculously vigilant with my sunscreen, even moreso than I normally am as a paranoid redhead! Definitely worth the money for my fair, freckly complexion.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Vancouver Laser and Skin Care Centre

I wish I could remember her name, but I'm pretty confident that all the techs here are well trained, and the clinic is run by doctors. This isn't some fly-by-night groupon deal. Dr Martin Braun did my consultation and was pretty straightforward about what I could expect.