Finally Got Rhinoplasty - Vancouver, BC

Well like everyone who has gotten a nose job, I...

Well like everyone who has gotten a nose job, I really hated my nose. I use to get teased as a kid/teen about it because my nose was quite large and had a hump on it. I was so self conscious about it and so aware of my nose ALL the time. I started saving for my nose job when I first got a job at 15. It wasn't a serious savings where I was 100% sure my money was going towards surgery but it allowed me to begin to build up some money while I worked on my own struggles with my appearance. 5 years later I still was having troubles accepting my nose and I decided it was finally time to make a change that was going to boost my confidence and make me happy.

Things moved really fast. And within a week or so of deciding to have a nose job I had my consultation and soon after had my surgery booked for October 17th, 2012!

Update: October 19 (2 days after surgery)
Surgery went very well! I was super nervous/excited the day of and when I got to the surgery center I was given some medications that were to help prep for the surgery and also to calm me down. And calm me down did they ever! I don't think I have ever been that relaxed in my life haha! I remember crying from the pain when they put the IV in but after that I just remember passing in and out of surgery. I didn't feel any pain during surgery or hear anything YAY! (I was scared of that hah) When I got home from surgery I was still really drugged out and can't really remember what was going on. I know I didn't feel well so I slept and by the time I woke up I felt waaaaay better.

The next day I felt almost back to normal which was amazing! My nose didn't hurt too much and my eyes were a little brown but that was all. There was dried blood on my face and but I could still breathe out of my nose which I wasn't expecting. The only downfall to this is that I should have rested more and by 630pm ran around I was exhausted.

The next morning (today!) I felt pretty awful. I haven't had anything solid to eat yet, just some yogurt and some smoothies so I think that combo'd with medications, and some trouble sleeping made me feel pretty beaten up. However the recovery is way less painful than I thought it was going to be! I'm having no issues with pain. The only thing that gets to me is when under my cast gets itchy haha!

**I will upload some photos soon!

Update: October 21 (Day 4) Feeling waaay better...

Update: October 21 (Day 4)
Feeling waaay better today! I can brush my teeth and eat solid food without having pain now. I can also smile without feeling pain too so I can't really stop! Can't see the full results yet but what I can see is awesome! Super pumped for Wednesday to get this thing off my nose and actually leave my house without people starring at me haaah :)
I had my surgery with Dr B in June (If it's the same doc ;) I recognize the same cast. You're in good hands :)

So glad to hear you are able to smile and eat solid food again! Only a couple more days till the cast comes off - excited to hear what you think when  you get to see it!!

Can't wait to see more pics when cast if off! So far, so good!

Update: October 26 YAY so my cast is off! It...

Update: October 26
YAY so my cast is off! It came off Wednesday so its been 2 days and things are looking really good. It's still a bit swollen but such an improvement! My bump is gone :) The skin on my nose was sooo gross though. 1 week of tape on there made things super icky and really hard to scrub since my nose is so sensitive, but it's slowly getting better :) Really happy with the outcome so far. Even if it stayed the way it is now I would be pleased! But I know it will get smaller since it is still a bit swollen. It doesn't look exactly like the consultation photos but I believe that's because of the swelling. I am going to add some photos to show hows things are coming along.

Also if anyone is wondering about booking time off work I would recommend at least 8 days. Going back to work on the second day after your cast off in my opinion would be fine. You might be swollen and bit bruised but makeup covers it well. However I think if you can 10ish days is better so you are feeling more 100% :)

I forgot to say.. I haven't met up with anyone...

I forgot to say.. I haven't met up with anyone that doesn't know about my surgery yet so I haven't been able to see if anyone actually notices, but I will let you know..The people that do know don't think many people will notice. But we will seeeeee! :)

Thank you for sharing your story. My surgery is Nov.16th and I'm super nervous. I have wanted this for 12 years and now that the date is getting closer I am scared and nervous. Did you just have your hump removed or did they also do tip work? I'm just having my hump removed but I was told that my tip will move up just a little bit therfore, I didnt need to have any work done to the tip. Once you get your cast off did you have to go back for any more appointments?
Wow, you look great! Congrats !!!
wooo!!
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

I definitely recommend Dr. Bounassisi! I really believe that his work is 5 star. I chose him because of his excellent reviews on real self and his professional image he portrayed on his website. After further meeting him and feeling confident in his work it was a no brainer to choose him.