Facelift and Botox...My Go to Surgeon is Fabulous! - Vancouver, BC

I get Botox from him regularly and wouldn't event...

I get Botox from him regularly and wouldn't event consider going anywhere else! He used twilight anaesthesia which was great and I healed very quickly. I had lost a lot of weight after the facelift and I only wish that I had lost weight first.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

I researched and interviewed a number of surgeons before deciding on him. Dr. Denton and his staff are always professional, friendly and attentive. I had a facelift a number of years ago and will be scheduling another one with Dr. Denton soon.

Hi Cathrine -- Thanks for sharing your story! This is so helpful for others who are considering surgery.

This might be a weird question, but were you aware of anything while you were under twilight sedation? I've been sedated for a procedure once before (I think it was twilight) and I remember nothing at all, but personally this still scares me more than general anesthesia would! :)

Hi Sharon: I am TERRIFIED of general anesthesia! There were a couple of times I was 'vaguely' aware of starting to wake up but then I was put under again. And I wasn't stressed or anything while this was happening and I have an underlying anxiety disorder and all was okay. I don't like general because so much can go wrong but with twilight, the only thing that will happen is you will eventually wake up - even if the surgeon dies on the spot, you know? LOL! Don't be scared, it's easier on your body and you don't have someone 'breathing for you' like with general. It's just like taking Ativan - no pain, nice sleep and you are guaranteed to wake up! X0

LOL that's a great way to put it! I think I'm more afraid of waking up than anything else, but if they can put your right back under and you don't notice then that sounds okay. I'd never thought of the surgeon dropping dead before... thanks for that. ;) j/k