Has Anyone else Had a Tummy Tuck Performed by a Resident? - Vancouver, BC

I am scheduled for a breast augmentation and full...

I am scheduled for a breast augmentation and full tummy tuck on jan 11th 2013. I am 25 years old ,I have lost nearly 90 pounds and had one c-section I have so much loose skin. I have been dreaming about getting a tummy tuck for such a long time I cant belive that it is actually happening. I went for a consultation with a plastic surgeon here in Vancouver and was quoted close to 18000.. I decided to go with the UBC resident clinic because I will only be paying 6000 total! I went in for my consultation and the surgeon is great. I just want to know it there is anyone else out there that has had a tummy tuck or other procedure performed by a resident?

Hello. I'm going in for TT tomrw with a resident. Dr Skora. I am very curious as to how ur surgery went ? Thanks
I ended up with awful results and a number of complications. Anyone who plans on having surgery with a resident should really think twice. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.
Hi.. My tummy tuck is tomrw with resident. Is this what u had.. What were the complications?
I had an otoplasty (ear tuck) by a resident at UBC with one of the top Plastic Surgeons in Vancouver overseeing her work. She did a fantastic job - honestly, I can't believe how professional she was and for what a great price. I think they do really stand behind their work and the Dr's overseeing the work tend to be VERY experienced.
Hello .. Was wondering how did your surgeries go? I have been on wait list and hope to see them spring 2014 sometime. Are you happy with the results ? Thanks
How did you get in contact with them? I have been trying to contact the admin but no reply. If anyone knows please reply!
how long did it take to get the surgery done? is the wait list 1 year??

Thinking about you and hope you are doing well.

I had a tummy tuck by a PS that was doing work for over 20 yrs. Did not make a difference because he botched mine up anyways. I found out later that he is good on faces and hands. How lucky for me... NOT...
So I have been on 2 consults with other Cosmetic Surgeons and decided to go with the resident. He is a 5th year resident who will be supervised by one of the best plastic surgeons in my area. During the consultation I met with both the resident and the supervising plastic surgeon and they are great! i have paid for my surgery in full and it is scheduled for Jan 11th. I bought a used lift chair today and am getting very excited! I cant belive this is finally happening. We decided on teardrop gummy bear implanta 410cc I am currently a small B with slightly tuberous breasts. I bought some Arnica Montana and I am wondering what other non prescription meds I will need?
How did you get in contact with UBC? I can't seem to get a gold of their admin.

Welcome to the community girlie!

That is a very large price difference between the two.  Just make sure you are getting quality work.  This is a major surgery and you want the best results possible.  My advice would be to go for at least three more consults with Board Certified Plastic Surgeons before making any decisions.

Have you seen any of his/her work? Price is great but maybe you should see some after pics first.