Old, Lopsided Implants Replaced - Vancouver, BC

I had very old (24 years!) silicone implants...

I had very old (24 years!) silicone implants replaced with cohesive gel implants 2 weeks ago by Dr. Nancy Van Laeken in Vancouver, BC, and I couldn't be happier. She did a great job of correcting the asymmetry and these new implants look and feel so natural! The surgery was a breeze and I've had no complications. It's great to feel proud of "my girls" again!

One breast lacked a crease

Some time after writing my review, I noticed that, although the breasts looked good overall, the right side had no crease. I decided I wanted a revision because there was already almost a one-inch difference in where they started out at the bottom and I was worried the creaseless breast would slide further down my chest over time. Nancy agreed to do the revision without much discussion. I opted to do a tummy tuck at the same time as I was going in anyway.

Post surgery: Horrified. It looks like the bottom half of my breast is missing. I've gone from having great-looking breasts overall, with one lacking a crease, to pronounced asymmetry, with one looking misshapen. My tummy tuck seems fine, still some swelling. Back in a week to get stitches out of my belly button. I hope to God the right breast "falls" into a better shape!
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Van Laeken was recommended to me by another breast aug patient. She is very rushed. Nice but definitely not a touchy feely type.

Congratulations cant wait to see pics

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf. I have yet to come across a person with implants from 24 years ago.  :)Glad you are pleased with your new implants. Did you end up with the same size implant as last time? Congratulations!

Sized up a little as I've breastfed and fattened up over the years. My main concern was the asymmetry and the worry that they might be leaking after all that time. My doctor was surprised to discover they hadn't leaked. The size difference was all due to changes in the natural tissue over time.

That's great news that they weren't leaking after 24 years. That gives a lot of us some hope!  ;)  Yes, I can relate to the fattening up over time issue. It's completely normal so I'm just trying to embrace it!