Abdominal Liposuction, 2nd Time Around - Vancouver, BC

53 Y.O. no pregnancies, 130 lbs, 5'3" tall, having...

53 Y.O. no pregnancies, 130 lbs, 5'3" tall, having lipo to upper/lower abdomen, flanks and love handles, along with a long-awaited for Breast reduction, coming up July 4th!
I am in a pretty good shape and don't look my age, either look wise, or figure-wise, when dressed up. But I've always abhorred my apple-shape, rounded midsection. Twenty years ago when liposuction was the new kid on the block and I was about to get married (you know how it is: emotions take over the brain), I saw it as my saving grace and rushed into getting it done right before my wedding. BIG MISTAKE :-(
I spare you the boring details, suffice it to say that after spending a good chunk of money and suffering enormous pain while going through the final steps of my wedding planning, there was absolutely no difference in the measurement of my midsection and the shape changed ever so slightly, but NOT for the better! Basically, I still didn't have a waistline, the only thing was that I got a wavy abdomen, which just did not smooth out over time as the PS had promised. He wanted me to go back and do it again for a "reduced fee". I was furious. He is the one who screwed up and yet he wanted me to pay him another couple of thousands to correct it. Forget it, I said; and I learned to live with it over the years, forgetting about ever wearing a bikini and cute cropped tops.
Last year, when it was determined that the weight of my large breasts was the culprit in severe joint deformation of my neck, doctors recommended a breast reduction to alleviate the pain in the neck (literally!) So I thought maybe now would be a good time to go ahead with correcting the botched lipo from 20 years ago. I've been maintaining my weight through the years and my figure now is not much different than back then. My PS (a different doctor this time as I'm in Canada now) assured me that despite my age, I'm still a good candidate for lipo as I don't have any loose abdominal skin and he can correct the waviness and take off the extra fat easily. We'll see about that :-)
The only drawback, I still need to pay full price for it, $6,000. I was hoping that because it's done at the same time as my breast reduction (covered by insurance), I can save the cost of OR facilities and anesthesiologist fees, etc. Apparently that is not the case. I decided to do it anyway, as I really, really would like to have a waistline!
So I'm scheduled for 4th of July! That's exactly one week away, woohoo! I'm so excited.
So, all you wonderful RS friends, think of me while enjoying your BBQ & fireworks next Friday and please send me some positive energy and healing thoughts. Thank you!

Counting the hours now!

2 more "sleeps" till my surgery! I'm so happy.
Did my measurements today to keep as a baseline for comparison afterwards. The part I'm most anxious to reduce is my waistline (currently at 34.5") and the lower ab circumference, right on my belly button (currently at 35.5"). We'll see how that goes.
I went to get some Arnica based on recommendations I read here, but my PS thinks it's a waste of money and there's no evidence they help at all. He recommends just icing it.
I probably won't get a chance to post before my surgery, so have a wonderful long weekend, you all!!!
British Columbia Plastic Surgeon

How I can relate to the 20 years ago lipo, at the time I was 5'7" & weighed 130 and wanted just a little from waist, all I received were little "tunnels" around the belly button which did disappear over the years. Things have changed and I had lipo six months ago and am very pleased. Good luck to u and heal journey.
Welcome & good luck! I had a breast reduction in 2013. I am so glad that I did it. You literally feel like weight has been lifted off of your shoulders. I'm really surprised that your doctor isn't lowering some of the costs. Here on the East coast, my friends who had mommy makeovers paid a lower amount out of pocket because of the multiple procedures discount and some of the fees were split with the insurance company as you stated. My friend in California experienced the same courtesy. I would, at least, ask for a multi-procedure discount...
I actually did ask for a discount and he said that the hospital OR charge separately for each procedure. I still have a hard time believing that, at least not entirely, but honestly, I'm afraid of arguing it just before I go under his knife!
I hear you...well, I wish you the best of luck. Remember, the first week is the worst week (and, it's not that bad); then, you'll be enjoying the me you before you know it! xoxo
Thank you for your support and well wishes.