24 Year Old with DDD+ ...Anxiously Waiting for Smaller Twins! Valdosta, GA

I have been waiting for a BR, but I just put it...

I have been waiting for a BR, but I just put it off. Finally, I decided I was tired of readjusting my bra EVERYDAY, because the straps were cutting in my shoulders. Not to mention, when I work out, these bags slowed me down (even while I was wearing TWO bras). I went in April 2014 for a consultation with my Plastic Surgeon and got a call in June 2014. I was told that insurance approved me!!! Scheduled my appointment for August 13th. Tomorrow (08/07) I'm going in for my pre-op. I'm super excited I'm getting closer to the other side. Currently, I was measures at a 36 DDD, but I KNOW I'm bigger than that. I'm hoping my PS gets me to a C. We will see what lies in the days ahead!

P.S.
I'm glad I found this website. I've been on it the last month or so and finally decided to share my story. Everyone is sooooo supportive!

Pre-op

Just left pre-op. Everything went went well. The nurse kept saying I chose a huge surgery for my first time. She said I will probably be in pain for a week. I hope not. I pray I do well and my pain is at least around a 5, which is probably tolerable for me to go home.
Congrats on your decision. The pain isn't too bad. It's more of discomfort/pressure than pain. I got off the pain meds after 2 days and went back to work after a week. You will love the other side
Thanks! I hope the pain isn't bad. I don't even like to take Tylenol. I only took a week off from hurt, so I hope I recuperate enough to go back. We will see! I'm getting more anxious!
Focus on self-care rather than how fast you do A, B, or C. This is a wonderful opportunity to explore what taking good care of yourself really means. Avoid comparison everyone is different, avoid or notice competitiveness, this is not a race. Also, I really enjoyed the successful surgery guided imagery by Belleruth Naperstek at healthjourneys.com. It is not everyone's cup o ftea, but it might be worth try.

Surgery in a few hours!!!

I have surgery in a few hours. I have to be there at 6 and my surgery is at 7:40. Soooo freaking close! I'm the first one of the schedule, so everyone is going to be refreshed. I'll let hall know how it goes. Please pray for me!
Good luck and I'm happy for you prayers going up!
good luck, someone should slap the nurse that gave you an idea it would be so painful for so long, read my review for a normal recovery to 6 months post op. I was off pain meds at 28hrs and that is by no means unusual
Good luck, and see you on the smaller side. Please update as soon as your able too

Hours after my surgery!

My surgery went great! My pain level has been at a 2-3ish all day. My chest is noticeably a lot smaller. I'm not nauseous or anything. I ate a little earlier, now I'm just laying around watching tv. I'll post pics tomorrow. I really appreciate all of the support I'm receiving from everyone!
Congrats and glad ur pain level is low. Mine is too...it's great being on the itty bitty side!
congratulations, if you can manage without pain meds and go for a natural recovery based on rest, high protein diet and drying everything out in the air, it will be so much better
Congrats! Welcome to the land of little boobies! :)

1 day post op!

Good morning everyone! I just left my Plastic Surgeon's office. They took off my wrap and put me in a sports bra! They said everything looks incredible and that I can even take a bath if I want. I think I may wait one more day. Overall, I can say I love my new twins!!!! Also my pain level is still around a 2. Majority of the time it's non-existent. I am loving the outcome!
Looking good jalwilliams! Speedy healthy recovery! (:
Thanks! Yours look great as well. Happy healing!
Not me my pain lasted over 4 months i didnt think it eould be as bad.

4 days post-op

Hey everyone! Just wanted to come give you all an update. Well the past couple of days, I have my taken any pain killers. I just assume bc my body just handles pain very well. I haven't been doing much around the house, just logging around. Today, my fiancé took me to see Ninja Turtles. It was pretty good. Afterwards, he walked in front of me to make sure no one bumped into me....how sweet of him :)

On another note, I'm not in any pain, but I'm afraid to move the wrong way bc I don't want to pop a stitch. They aren't removing my stitches until the 26th. I'm kind of nervous about that, but we shall see!
Jalwilliams I've been meaning to ask where did u get that black/gray sports bra? It looks nice and comfy but supportive. Is that from the hospital? Lucky!
My ma bought is from Walmart for $10.96. 2 came in the pack and it's made by Fruit of the Loom. The size I'm wearing is a 36. It really compresses them but comfortable at the same time. I also have the Nike & Under Armour sports bras (that closes in the front), but the Fruit of the Loom feels the best!
Who would've thought we'd ever b able to buy off the rack for 10 bucks! I'm taking a ride to walmart for fruit of the loom THANK U!! (:

1 week post op!

Today is my 1 week mark! I feel great! I've even been released to return back to work today. I still have to take it easy of course. I still have my stitches for at least another week. I haven't posted anymore pics, because I still have my stitches and surgical tape on my incisions (required by my PS). I will post more pics in a week... once I'm stitch free. Good luck to everyone and happy healing to the ones that are on the other side!!!!
Happy 1 week Birthday!
Wow, your before and after photos are just amazing! I'm so happy for you! How brave of you to do this at 24. I wish I had done it then and not spent the last 26 years hating my boobs and being in pain. Keep up the wonderful healing! I hope you can inspire other young women and let them know they don't have to live their lives in pain and not liking their breasts! You rock girl! :)
Thanks! I already have my Co worker waiting to get here on the 11th of next month. I'm spreading the love!

Feeling Myself Friday!

Hey everyone! I said I was going to wait until Tuesday (after my appointment with my PS), but I woke up this morning in a great mood! I decided to take a pic and post. I am 1 week 2 days post op. Happy Friday!
Great results!
Thanks!
I will be showing ur pics to my PS on my pre-op and again on my surgery day sept.19th... This is the size I desire!! You've set the bar! Phenomenal results!

Answers to those Questions about my Surgery ;)

Hey everyone! So I've been getting a few questions about how my surgery went, do I have nipple sensation, any drainage, etc. I figured I'll just make a post. Here goes...

I think my surgery took about 2 1/2 hours (I was doped up with Demerol). I didn't have any drains. My PS said he rarely uses drains. I woke up in recovery. I had a sticker behind my ear that supposed to be for nausea. The nurse told me to keep it on for 3 days. I didn't have any nausea, I just felt really sleepy. At that time, my pain level might have been a 3-4. Before I was released from the hospital, I had to urinate bc I was catherized. Once I got home, I got in the bed and watched a little tv. I went ahead and took a pain pill bc I wasn't sure if I was going to experience pain. However, I did not. I'm almost 2 weeks post op and I still have my bottle of pain pills. My pain tolerance is usually high. After day 3, I was able to move a lot better and take a bathe. When it comes to infections, I haven't seen any signs of infection and I hope it stays that way. I did have a little fluid drainage on my left side (the incision on the side of my breast). My PS said some type of drainage was expected. I just kept neosporin on it and I haven't had any problems. As far as nipple sensation, I can still feel my nipples on both of my breast. The sensation has even heighten for me...I'm a lot more sensitive now than I was before...especially when I get cold. Also, I experience "zingers" every now and then, but I was experiencing them before surgery (not sure why).

Well I hope I was able to answer everyone's questions. If not, just send me a message or leave a comment and I will respond. Currently, I am almost 2 weeks post op and I get my stitches out this Tuesday, the 26th, if everything looks good. I look great and I feel even better! I am happy about my decision to get a BR and I recommend it to anyone that's considering it!
You look great!
Thanks!
I love to read accounts like yours, for many women this is not a very painful or difficult recovery and not taking a load of meds is so much healthier. Rest, high protein diet and keeping everything dry and aired should be all you need now

Update after my Appt. with my PS Today!

Hey everyone! I wanted to post an update and pics after my appointment with my PS. So today I went in to get my stitches removed. Tomorrow will be exactly 2 weeks post-op, so I kind of felt like it was still kind of too soon but I went in anyways. Once the steri-strips were removed, they examined my incisions. Underneath my left boob, near the T-junction, I'm still healing. However, she said my left areola was healed enough to removed the stitches. She removed the stitches and put more steri-strips on the left side. On the right areola, I'm still a little red, so she decided NOT to take those stitches out. I was told to keep applying antibiotic ointment and let it heal for about another week. The ONLY stitches that were NOT dissolvable were around the areola. So for the remaining 90% of my breasts, I have to wait until they dissolve. My Plastic Surgeon said everything looks good and that my healing is right on schedule. He even said my healing is ahead of schedule, because typically it takes his patients about 3 weeks. On another note, I don't think my scars look that bad. I was expecting a lot worse when the strips were removed. Overall, I'm still happy I made this decisions!
You are look beautiful what a difference and the new size fit you perfect.
Thanks girl!
You might as well wear a cape now because you came out of this as Super woman! Amazing results and your pain management is awesome. Thank you for sharing your story.

Update ladies!!!

Hey everyone! I wanted to come give an update. Last Wednesday, I got the remaining stitches removed. Everything looks good. She put steri-strips around my areola for a few days and then I have to take them off. My next appointment with my PS is the 23rd. I will be exactly 6 weeks post op! On another note, I was in Target and looking at the clearance racks. The swim suits are on sale because the seasons are changing. So I decided to be a set or 10! Lol. I tried some on and just wanted to post some pics. I'm still 100% satisfied with the surgery. Happy healing everyone!
Hey girly I was just wondering if you could be so kind and post updated pics because I'm planing on using your pics for inspiration when I have my sx.......Thanks!!!
He did an awesome job!! You look like ur not going to have much scarring at all
Thanks! So far the scarring hasn't been bad. I hope it gets even better.
Dr. Shawn Vandermark

I love my Plastic Surgeon! He was straightforward with me about everything. He did exactly what I asked for. His office staff was very helpful. His nurse Ms. Marjorie is the best! I recommend him to anyone that is considering a breast reduction!