24 Year Old with DDD+ ...Anxiously Waiting for Smaller Twins! Valdosta, GA

I have been waiting for a BR, but I just put it...

I have been waiting for a BR, but I just put it off. Finally, I decided I was tired of readjusting my bra EVERYDAY, because the straps were cutting in my shoulders. Not to mention, when I work out, these bags slowed me down (even while I was wearing TWO bras). I went in April 2014 for a consultation with my Plastic Surgeon and got a call in June 2014. I was told that insurance approved me!!! Scheduled my appointment for August 13th. Tomorrow (08/07) I'm going in for my pre-op. I'm super excited I'm getting closer to the other side. Currently, I was measures at a 36 DDD, but I KNOW I'm bigger than that. I'm hoping my PS gets me to a C. We will see what lies in the days ahead!

P.S.
I'm glad I found this website. I've been on it the last month or so and finally decided to share my story. Everyone is sooooo supportive!

Pre-op

Just left pre-op. Everything went went well. The nurse kept saying I chose a huge surgery for my first time. She said I will probably be in pain for a week. I hope not. I pray I do well and my pain is at least around a 5, which is probably tolerable for me to go home.

Surgery in a few hours!!!

I have surgery in a few hours. I have to be there at 6 and my surgery is at 7:40. Soooo freaking close! I'm the first one of the schedule, so everyone is going to be refreshed. I'll let hall know how it goes. Please pray for me!

Hours after my surgery!

My surgery went great! My pain level has been at a 2-3ish all day. My chest is noticeably a lot smaller. I'm not nauseous or anything. I ate a little earlier, now I'm just laying around watching tv. I'll post pics tomorrow. I really appreciate all of the support I'm receiving from everyone!

1 day post op!

Good morning everyone! I just left my Plastic Surgeon's office. They took off my wrap and put me in a sports bra! They said everything looks incredible and that I can even take a bath if I want. I think I may wait one more day. Overall, I can say I love my new twins!!!! Also my pain level is still around a 2. Majority of the time it's non-existent. I am loving the outcome!

4 days post-op

Hey everyone! Just wanted to come give you all an update. Well the past couple of days, I have my taken any pain killers. I just assume bc my body just handles pain very well. I haven't been doing much around the house, just logging around. Today, my fiancé took me to see Ninja Turtles. It was pretty good. Afterwards, he walked in front of me to make sure no one bumped into me....how sweet of him :)

On another note, I'm not in any pain, but I'm afraid to move the wrong way bc I don't want to pop a stitch. They aren't removing my stitches until the 26th. I'm kind of nervous about that, but we shall see!

1 week post op!

Today is my 1 week mark! I feel great! I've even been released to return back to work today. I still have to take it easy of course. I still have my stitches for at least another week. I haven't posted anymore pics, because I still have my stitches and surgical tape on my incisions (required by my PS). I will post more pics in a week... once I'm stitch free. Good luck to everyone and happy healing to the ones that are on the other side!!!!

Feeling Myself Friday!

Hey everyone! I said I was going to wait until Tuesday (after my appointment with my PS), but I woke up this morning in a great mood! I decided to take a pic and post. I am 1 week 2 days post op. Happy Friday!

Answers to those Questions about my Surgery ;)

Hey everyone! So I've been getting a few questions about how my surgery went, do I have nipple sensation, any drainage, etc. I figured I'll just make a post. Here goes...

I think my surgery took about 2 1/2 hours (I was doped up with Demerol). I didn't have any drains. My PS said he rarely uses drains. I woke up in recovery. I had a sticker behind my ear that supposed to be for nausea. The nurse told me to keep it on for 3 days. I didn't have any nausea, I just felt really sleepy. At that time, my pain level might have been a 3-4. Before I was released from the hospital, I had to urinate bc I was catherized. Once I got home, I got in the bed and watched a little tv. I went ahead and took a pain pill bc I wasn't sure if I was going to experience pain. However, I did not. I'm almost 2 weeks post op and I still have my bottle of pain pills. My pain tolerance is usually high. After day 3, I was able to move a lot better and take a bathe. When it comes to infections, I haven't seen any signs of infection and I hope it stays that way. I did have a little fluid drainage on my left side (the incision on the side of my breast). My PS said some type of drainage was expected. I just kept neosporin on it and I haven't had any problems. As far as nipple sensation, I can still feel my nipples on both of my breast. The sensation has even heighten for me...I'm a lot more sensitive now than I was before...especially when I get cold. Also, I experience "zingers" every now and then, but I was experiencing them before surgery (not sure why).

Well I hope I was able to answer everyone's questions. If not, just send me a message or leave a comment and I will respond. Currently, I am almost 2 weeks post op and I get my stitches out this Tuesday, the 26th, if everything looks good. I look great and I feel even better! I am happy about my decision to get a BR and I recommend it to anyone that's considering it!

Update after my Appt. with my PS Today!

Hey everyone! I wanted to post an update and pics after my appointment with my PS. So today I went in to get my stitches removed. Tomorrow will be exactly 2 weeks post-op, so I kind of felt like it was still kind of too soon but I went in anyways. Once the steri-strips were removed, they examined my incisions. Underneath my left boob, near the T-junction, I'm still healing. However, she said my left areola was healed enough to removed the stitches. She removed the stitches and put more steri-strips on the left side. On the right areola, I'm still a little red, so she decided NOT to take those stitches out. I was told to keep applying antibiotic ointment and let it heal for about another week. The ONLY stitches that were NOT dissolvable were around the areola. So for the remaining 90% of my breasts, I have to wait until they dissolve. My Plastic Surgeon said everything looks good and that my healing is right on schedule. He even said my healing is ahead of schedule, because typically it takes his patients about 3 weeks. On another note, I don't think my scars look that bad. I was expecting a lot worse when the strips were removed. Overall, I'm still happy I made this decisions!

Update ladies!!!

Hey everyone! I wanted to come give an update. Last Wednesday, I got the remaining stitches removed. Everything looks good. She put steri-strips around my areola for a few days and then I have to take them off. My next appointment with my PS is the 23rd. I will be exactly 6 weeks post op! On another note, I was in Target and looking at the clearance racks. The swim suits are on sale because the seasons are changing. So I decided to be a set or 10! Lol. I tried some on and just wanted to post some pics. I'm still 100% satisfied with the surgery. Happy healing everyone!
Dr. Shawn Vandermark

I love my Plastic Surgeon! He was straightforward with me about everything. He did exactly what I asked for. His office staff was very helpful. His nurse Ms. Marjorie is the best! I recommend him to anyone that is considering a breast reduction!

you looooook amazing!
Thanks!
You look AMAZING exp in your swimsuits. You're healing very well too. Hopefully my surgery goes well and I have similar results. You go girl.
Thanks! Just keep faith and everything will turn out great! :)
Are you able to proceed with scar treatment now? If so how is that working for you I was gonna buy some but wasn't sure if I should my surgery is fast approaching sept 19 I love ur results
Thanks! I can't start with scar treatment yet. I ask last time I went to the doctor and I was told to wait until my incisions are completely healed. My PS nurse said she suggest I wait until at least 6 weeks. I bought the scar guard silicone sheets, but I could have waited. It will be awhile before you can use them, so you can wait to buy them if you wait...put that money towards to the tons of gauze you may need.
They look great, hopefully you are satisfied with the results. I would be. Happy healing!!!!!
Thanks! I am ecstatic with the results! I couldn't have asked for a better job. My healing has been superb as well.
I'm in tallahassee and just had my first consult again cause I tried to have the surgery last year but was denied by insurance. So I did all they asked for and now trying again. But seeing your results makes me want to take that drive to GA and see your Dr. Lol.......you are just simply beautiful
Thanks! You should. You know Tally isn't far from Valdosta.
You look great!!! Do you know how much breast tissue was removed?
Thanks! He said he removed approx. 2 1/2 lbs from each side.
Omg I can't wait for swim suits!!! Your results look great!
Thanks! I can't officially use them yet, plus it's going to get cold soon....but you can't be a good SALE!
OMG you look fabulous! Both bathing suits are wonderful. You must be over the moon.
I was super excited buying them. I've NEVER had such as an easy time finding one! :)
Hey! How long until you were able to go shopping? (: My surgery is tomorrow, and I am really scared. I was just wondering how long it took you before you were able to try on clothes and such (:
You look fabulous!
Depends on the person. Technically most people wait until about 6 weeks. I'm almost 4 weeks. My swelling isn't bad and also my PS said that my breasts have almost adjusted where they are going to be. Besides the swim suits, I haven't really shopping. I got those bc you know they are having super sales on them!
Thanks!
Looking like a model!!! Enjoy all the nice things you can wear now.
Thanks!
Amazing looks...congratulations I hope I heal as well as you, I am just on 3rd day after
You will. Just take it easy and rest! :)
You are look beautiful what a difference and the new size fit you perfect.