Breast Cancer

I had a mastectomy on my right breast 4/2012. I...

I had a mastectomy on my right breast 4/2012. I had immediate breast reconstruction afterwards. I had my implant placement and implant one healthy breast done 3/2013. I just had a breast lift on 9/2013. Shortly before my lift, I told and showed my Plastic Surgeon how my left breast implant would slide over towards my armpit. He said it was no problem and he would fix it during the breast lift procedure. I am really unhappy with it. He said because my right breast reconstruction turned out so well that it is impossible to make my other breast match up. I told him that I know there is no way to match them up exactly, I just want the size, shape and roundness corrected. He said he could just nip off the skin to the left side of my breast to make it look more round, but I feel like he should do a revision at no cost. I don't know how he will feel about that. I am going to see him again next week. Do you feel I should get this fixed through surgery. It just doesn't look right. I am not happy with it at all :-(

More pics going through the many stages of Breast Cancer surgery

These are more pics. I tried to label them with dates and procedures. If you have any questions, please ask. Please give me your opinion, as far as what procedures you feel may be options for my situation. On my picture with my port covered with my tissue expander in right breast and left natural breast, if you can see how the implant turned out and if the breast lift results look like the issue was my anatomy or the Surgeon perhaps using a different procedure than he should have. I just want to get it fixed without making the breast look even worse.

OFFICIAL UPDATE! My Doctor is awesome! I'm feeling great after my appointment with him :-)

I'm so happy and relieved! My Plastic Surgeon is wonderful! He explained everything to me. I have chosen to do a revision. He treated me with such compassion and understanding. Breast Cancer is such an emotional trial. I didn't realize we cannot remove posts from this forum. I think that should be changed. I was just going to have this post up temporarily to get some insight from other women who have had these surgical procedures, or perhaps other people in the medical field. I should have just asked my Doctor, he was more than happy to answer all my questions and give me my different options, in a way I could understand. My Doctor's concern and goal is making patients feel happy with their bodies, so they can try and lead normal lives after Breast Cancer. He is more concerned about patient satisfaction, instead of making his wallet fatter. I highly recommend this Doctor for any of your medical needs :-)

MY DOCTOR IS SO WONDERFUL. IT WAS UNFAIR OF ME TO POST THIS. I WANTED RESULTS NOW, WHICH WAS UNREALISTIC. SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR A

Thanks a bunch for the information. I realize now that if he removes the excess skin on the side, my breast will look more round and since my areola was just done, after the scarring heals, it won't be a dark pink circle. It will fade out and look smaller than it does right now :-) I feel so bad after hearing the horror stories other women have experienced. Every procedure I have had from my Surgeon has turned out great with absolutely NO complications. My breast reconstruction turned out fantastic. He created a beautiful breast out of nothing. My breast implants had absolutely no complications. I hadn't realized my health insurance would cover any revisions necessary, because I had breast cancer. I happened to speak to my gym instructor yesterday. She knew about my breast cancer and asked me how I'm doing. She had a terrible experience just getting her implants done! She had to have 3 revisions just to get her implants done correctly. She gave me a whole new perspective on all breast surgeries during our conversation. She said women are so concerned about getting things "perfect." and went on to say perfection doesn't exist. She continued to say her areolas aren't even and her breasts aren't the same size! Here I am griping about a reconstructed breast being "perfect!" I feel so awful for originally posting this. I am so critical about my looks, especially after the devastation of breast cancer. Like most women, I wanted results NOW! That was very unfair to have those unrealistic expectations. I should have spoken to my Doctor as openly as I did on this post! My main focus should have been discussing the situations and procedures more in depth than I did. It was certainly my downfall not to communicate with him in more detail. Looking back, I should have asked more questions. I freeze up at ALL Doctor appointments. Not only that, I have alot of anxiety, especially when talking about my breast cancer. My recommendation to each and every one of you to write a list of all questions and concerns and take them to your Doctor appointments. By the way, my Plastic Surgeon is compassionate and caring. I highly recommend him for any of your medical needs
Takasaki

My Plastic Surgeon has been very optimistic and understanding throughout my entire Breast Cancer situation.