Time to Freshen Up

I had the Active FX procedure done Monday by Dr....

I had the Active FX procedure done Monday by Dr. Steven Jepson in Murray. I chose Dr. Jepson by reading a couple of blogs on here and I did a little bit of research myself (my knowledge is limited on research) and I did not find any thing bad about Dr. Jepson so went with the recommendation of the two people on here. I am a 63 year old female showing signs of age (eye lines and lip lines). I have taken a photo each day and will add the photos later today.

Time to Freshen Up

It is now the fourth day after the procedure. I had no pain but I did have a lot of itching and swelling. My eyes were so swollen I had two little slits to see through. I have stayed at home and will continue to until Monday when I see my doctor because I have been a big mess. I am a bit better today I am not so itchy and my eyes are less swollen but my face is swollen enough that it is impossible to tell what kind of results I might get. I will have to wait until the swelling goes down to see that.

Time to Freshen UP

It is now the 6th day. I am not completely healed but so much better. I am going out in public for the first time tonight to see one of the Sundance movies at one of the venues here in Salt Lake City with my daughter. I cleaarly have some peeling going on and I may get a few looks but who cares. It will be in the evening so I won't have to worry about sun at least. I am glad I got the procedure I can tell that. My eye lines are a lot better but my chin lines and mouth lines are still visible but softened. My Doctor told me it would not entirely remove them so I knew beforehand. He did not misrepresent what my result would be at all. he did offer me a free above the lip fx treatment in a few months when we know how much collagen will form there. It is only the 6th day and it takes a full two months to know exactly where you are at. I will follow up with his offer. I am very glad I chose Dr. Jepson and I feel good to pursue further improvement with him. My worse problem was the extreme itching and swelling I experienced. The itching nearly drove me crazy and I called the office and they said use CortAid so I have and it helped so very, very much. If you have extreme itching get some. I do have pictures and I will be posting them. The early ones are scary. I was thinking I made a mistake and I was miserable. Some of you will probably feel this way but don't be discouraged. It gets better!!!!

Time to Freshen Up

Today was one week and I had my consultation with Dr. Jepson. He said I am healing nicely and collagen will form for the next several months. Dr. Jepson gives you a free macrodermabrasion treatment three weeks following your consultation. That will remove any dead skin that might remain and they hydrate your skin at that time. He said it is important to keep your skin well moisturized (I use organic coconut oil) and to wear sunscreen over the moisturizer every day. He provides you with a SPF 30 moisturizer. It is just to soon to know how much improvement I will get so I am not going to speculate on it.

Time to Freshen Up

Hi, Monday will be two weeks for me since active fx.. Interesting thing happened yesterday. I met a woman for lunch that I had met on here. We had a good lunch and so much fun talking and found out that we have a lot in common other than getting Dr. Jepson's fx treatments. Well, we were out the door leaving when a woman that works there came out and wanted to talk to us. She had overheard a bit of our conversation I guess. She said, " You both have such beautiful skin may I ask what you are doing." Well, I had some of Dr. Jepson's cards in my coat pocket so we told her we had had Active FX laser from Dr. Jepson. I gave her the card and said that he gives free consultations and she seemed very happy for that information.

Time to Freshen Up

I had my Active FX on January 13th and it is now February 4th. I want to be brutally honest so I must say I am disappointed. Very little difference at this point.
Collagen continues to form they say so this may be way to soon to judge. I will certainly keep you posted. I have seen such remarkable changes in some of the photos on here but I did not seem to get those results. I am going to discuss this with my doctor.

Time to Freshen Up

Yesterday (February 10th) went in for my complimentary Salt A Peel Macrodermabrasion treatment to remove any left over dead skin. Very pleasant experience. I saw the Dr. and expressed my disappointment in my results. He still said will take time for collagen to form. In September I will have my redo on my mouth area and I will pay again for my eye area ($400). Had a little botox in my deep smile lines that go down into my lower face. I don't see any difference from that this morning but they say that takes a couple of weeks. Not sure what my feelings are about this Active FX yet. At this point I have all the same lines I had previously. Guess I will have to wait and see. Kind of feeling very disappointed!!

Time to Freshen Up

To any of you out there in Salt Lake City interested in this or any other procedure I can tell you that Dr. Jepson offers a free consultation and also on his web site you can email him. He is Awesome at returning emails which I personally think is quite amazing for a Doctor in this day and age.

Time to Freshen Up

Almost three months after fx and not seeing any improvement at all. Very, Very disappointed. Might as well have thrown my money into the wind!!! Now they say at 8 months will see improvement when I see before and after photos. I don't know why there is no improvement but every line i had i still have and i do believe some of them look a little worse. It was a waste of money!!!!

Time to Freshen Up

I did not have a lot of sun damage to remove (brown spots). I was primarily going for wrinkles. I am thankful I did not get any bad damage to my skin. I think my doctor takes a conservative approach and actually that is probably the best. He has offered a redo on my mouth area (i think he offers this as standard on problem areas) and I will have that done in September. also they say you don't see real results until 8 months...you compare before and after photos. From what I see today at 3 months there is not difference in my skin. Honestly, at this point I would not have paid $1700 for this procedure with the results that i have today. I will keep you posted.

Time to Freshen Up

No difference at all! So very, very disappointed.

Time to Freshen Up

Pretty much the same. If there is a difference it is very minute. However, I will have my complimentary mouth area done again in September (maybe that will make a difference). Will pay to have eye area done again. Hoping that will make a difference. Maybe it was going to take more than one procedure for me to see a difference. I just don't know.

Time to Freshen UP

I do believe my skin is tighter and my lines are smoother. I believe my doctor takes a conservative approach with the laser and I do appreciate that after reading some of the horror stories on here. I do not end up with any of the negative side effects that can happen. I am getting a lot of compliments on my skin. Looking forward to September when I will have eye and mouth area done again. Dr. Jepson has an amazing Master Esthetician in his office. She recommended some products for me that I really like and have helped a lot also. I intend to have a couple of peels from her. I feel very comfortable having Dr. Jepson and Ryan working on my skin as I know they will take the utmost precautions not to damage my skin. I will keep you posted.

I did not

Time to Freshen Up

Do be aware that the procedure that I had (Active FX) done on the settings that I had will not remove your lines or wrinkles. I don't think I had any deep FX so don't know about that. I am going to have a series of peels and I hope those provide some softening of my lines. I do think my skin is a bit tighter and lines slightly softened. What I said above is true but it is a very subtle change.

Time to Freshen Up

I did not get the results I was hoping for. The difference is so subtle. I don't know why I did not get better results. Anyone on here that had Active Fx please let me know what your results were like. If you live in Salt Lake City by chance I would sure like to know who did your procedure. Seems like some folks get good results and some don't. Reviewing photos on here I see people that had Active Fx and got good results. I am confused about why that is. PLEASE let me here from you. I am assuming it has something to do with the settings used. If any of you had any other laser treatment other than active FX and had good results I would be interested in hearing about that.
Dr. Steven Jepson

I had a free consultation with Dr. Jepson one week prior to my procedure. He seems to be a very nice man. We discussed what type of expectations I might have. I told him my concerns with my eye lines and lines around my mouth. He said I should get a good result and he offered me a free upper lip procedure in 6 months as he thought I might need that area done again. He has been using this laser for seven years and has a lot of experience with it. I asked about the possibility of scaring or pigment problems and he said he had never had anyone experience any of those problems. That made me feel a lot better. I am now on my third day since active fx. I am extremely swollen, extremely itchy and looking unsightly...LOL!!!! It gets scary at this point because you think, "Maybe I made a mistake." I did call the office this morning and they assured me it is entirely normal to look and feel this way and advised CortAid to help with itching. I will just have to wait and see how I end up because at this point you can not tell a thing. I am so swollen that the lines are not showing but when swelling goes down WHO KNOWS? Needless to say I hope I look a whole lot fresher and the lines are softened if not gone. I also messaged a person on here that had this procedure by Dr. Jepson and she was so sweet to respond and give me some advice.

I just had the Active FX done July 3,2014. I was advised to use a diluted solution of white vinegar & water rinses every two hours. (Every 4 @ night) to keep infection away, and to soothe my face. I didn't see any other postings referring to this step. Am I the only one?
Sorry never heard of that I had to put on a cream doc give me Hope your healing and u get some results
No difference at all! Very disappointed!
same here, nothing at all , had this about one week before you.. I thought it was my imagination, if some lines actual look a bit worse!
It is not my imagination... My mouth lines do look worse. Certainly they are not softened at all. I do not know why that would be but I know my own wrinkles...My god I see them in the mirror every day!!!!! I feel this just was such a waste of money and it is marketed inappropriately. Did you feel like from what you read it was a procedure that would correct the problems you had. My doctor did say, in all fairness that it would not remove the lines but would soften them. IT DID NOT SOFTEN THEM!!!! He now says I need fillers for these lines. Wish he would have told me before i had the FX and wasted my money. You know this is a big MONEY MAKING INDUSTRY...You just can't believe everything they say.
yeah, agree with what your saying... cant believe anymore that it will get any better... but.. I finally decided to try some Botox... on my forehead... was reluctant to try that, and.. that did work for me... my lines were very very deep and had em since my 40's but was always scared to try it... well, now wish i hadnt waited so long... this doc I have seems to be very skilled at this and I am please about these results....wish I could say that about the FX
Hi, I had active FX and i read on here that is to mild for smoker's wrinkles and anything but very fine wrinkles. We needed deep FX...I wonder why my doctor did not do that for me. Apparently it is an adjustment on the laser that makes it go from lighter to deeper. I sure wish he would have done that and I will ask him why he did not.
my procedure was a combination of Active and Deep it was called Total FX, a brand name but no results on any part of my face, 2 months later....
Hi, have you gotten any results yet? I am very disappointed. I have all the same lines. I really see no difference. skin might or might not be a little firmer. Some days I think lines are a tad softer and some days they look worse. LMAO...I think it is just that some days I look better than others.
hi... I am about week ahead of you... nothing yet for me that I can see and so far extremley dissapointed... I go to doc next week and will post my follow up on One Day at a Time , my review
Hi my procedure was called total fx, a combination of deep and active. I have real bad lines on forehead and also some around eyes, and lips. Just hoping to get rid of some and looker a bit younger, fresher, less tired.. I am almost 64....
Mine was called Active fx. I did not have any deep laser. I think i may have needed the deep for my mouth and eye lines. Were you oozing and bloody? I am sure not seeing the results I expected but then they say it is to soon to tell. Are your looking any better?
did I answer this? sorry losing track here... no results yet for me doc said 3-6 mths
Same here!!! Well think how happy we will be!! Let's keep our fingers crossed. I really trust my Doc. Let's keep in touch and see what happens.
hi and welcome to the club! I have been posting sonce last week and now one week and day since procedure Ready to go out tody and face the world! sweilling all done and 98% of peeling , doc followup yesterday said all good ,but wont see real results for some time
How is it going?
hi face looks the same as before procedure to me.. no changes yet all peeling done but doc said it wont be noticeable change for awhile, just hoping.............
Hi, I had my one week consultation and my doctor said I am healing nicely. I am still red in some parts. My skin is parched from the fx so he said hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and always wear sunscreen. He said collagen continues to form for several months. I go back in 3 weeks for a complimentary microdermabrassion to remove any remaining dead skin. Did your doctor offer this? I really can't tell what my results are going to be yet. I do believe it is to soon for both of us. I am very hopeful!!!
hi the day I went for my 7 day check up peeling was almost all done, it was a Thursday and by Sat nothing left to peel, no need for any derma brasion. I am just waiting to see any changes the only thing I feel is dry skin around my eyes. Am using skin medica moisturizer which he gave me along with sun screen, cleanser, (used) and a creme to apply until peeling done he also said could be months, I go for check up in 3 more weeks
I see. Well i still have some skin to peel and I think i will until this weekend. Are things looking any better to you? I am sure hoping some collagen forms in the next few months. Let me know if you see things improving, I am very dry also. I am using organic coconut oil. I get a big container of it at costco. It takes just a tiny bit. It is hard but you can take a small amount and rub it between your fingers and it will liquefy. I love it. Did you get deep fx? I got active fx. I wonder if the deep fx does a better job? I am 63 so I was trying to get rid of eye and mouth lines. How old are you?
Hi, Can't seem to contact you with the email address you provided. Could you send me an email? Looking forward to hearing from you.