TT Here I Come...joining You Girls on the Flat Side Tomorrow! - Utah

When I decided I wanted to have a TT, I started...

When I decided I wanted to have a TT, I started doing a ton of research and I was so excited to find RealSelf.com. I think reading the posts on here has been so helpful to me. They have helped me prepare myelf and most importantly calm my fears (as much as they can be calmed - ha ha). So many of the posts have provided helpful information but they also cracked me up!! You girls are funny! I am having my surgery tomorrow 9/26/2012 (wow....can't believe it's so close). I am a 34 year old mother of 3 wonderful active and rowdy boys (Ages 9, 6, and 3). I am a very active person and love to do crossfit and run. I am 5' 4 and currently 156 pounds. I have never been small, but I have always been fit/athletic. I am not a very patient person so this is going to be a test for me. I use excercise as a release for me. I am hoping I can keep it together during my recovery time. If you have had a TT please let me know how soon you were able to get back into running and lifting heavy weights? I am so grateful I have a loving and supportive husband. He keeps telling me...you can do it! I am going to post before and after pic's.

Day 3 PO.... I have been really sore on and off...

Day 3 PO.... I have been really sore on and off for the last few days. It is mostly sore when moving around in my bed or recliner. My husband has been so wonderful. I can't imagine doing this without his help. I am very bloated. My doctor said I have to wear my CG for 4weeks (can take it off to shower only after drains are removed).

I have had several friends go to Dr. Ralston.

Hey way123 hope all is well with you im sure you look great wish you the best.
Hope you feel better each day is a better day and the swelling seems to fluctuate tons?!! I am 12 days in my recliner I overdid it yesterday !!!
Congrats on the surgery. Hope your recovery is going well.
Way123 welcome to the flat side hahaha. Be sure your belly button is nice and dry after the shower before you put the CG back on. Use hair dryer to help dry it. Happy healing.
Thanks for sharing your recovery experience. It Helps me keep my attitude in check. I am really working on being patient and following my doctors orders. It sounded like u have had a great recovery so far. I hope I can follow in your path :-).
I had my TT Sept 14 so I'm 2 weeks today! I feel great!! I had a TT, lift and implants I got 370cc so I'm a D with the breast tissue I already had these boobies are huge I hope they go down!! My boobs have gave me more problems then my TT!!! I can stand straight both drains are out and stitches! I still have to take it easy! I was 5'1 123lbs before surgery now im 116lbs and I'm a beachbody coach very active in working out! I had lots of skin from having children. I've only slept in my bed 3 nights the recliner was better for me! I can shower my my self now! And I FINALLY get to shave!!! U will feel great in no time just stay on top of your meds I would set my alarm in my phone for every 4 hours even when I was sleeping so I never felt that bad!! Happy healing to you and I hope or recovery is as smooth as mine!!
My PS said no showers until the drains come out. Thank goodness this is a crochless binder so I can do little bird baths. :-). I think I will feel a ton better once u get my drains out.
Wow....I hope your recovery is going well. I am so grateful to have survived the surgery.....seriously going under was my biggest fear. :-)
congratulations on being on the flat side! i can't wait to see your pics!
Hey there I'm 4 days po have you taken a shower yet? My doctor said when I get home I could but I want wait til my drain is removed I've been cleaning my new belly button and just giving my self a wipe bath :)
Good luck I had mines done this morning.
Congratulations! I hope you have an easy recovery. Can't wait to see the after pictures.
Hello ladies. I made it out of surgery yesterday afternoon. My biggest fear was going under....but I survived :-). I spent so much time waiting and getting anxious for my TT. I am now happy to begin the recovery. I pray I will be patient with myself and family. I definitely am very sore in my lower Abbs and on my hips ( due to lipo). But I am tolerating it pretty good. I asked my PS to make the incision as low as possible. For all of you ladies headed into Surgery....best wishes and welcome to the flat side!
Good luck, can't wait to see your post op pics. I'm 3 weeks out and just lifting 10 lbs for bis/tris. My PS 10 lbs is the limit for lifting anything right now. I'm walking and doing easy stationary bike right now and just trying to be active around the house all day. My PS said I could return to workouts and running at 6 weeks. Looking forward to seeing how you progress. Happy healing!!!
good luck today hope every thing goes great for you .
Thanks girls! The positive shout outs are so helpful!

It's time.....u will have to post your progress since we are so close with our surgeries. Good luck to you!
Good luck...wishing you the best
Good luck.. Flat lands here you come.
Good luck. I am a day after you.
Good luck tomorrow!