Asymmetrical Swelling After Mole Was Removed from the Top Side of my Nose - Utah

It was alright. He spent a lot of time of getting...

It was alright. He spent a lot of time of getting the mole out and was willing to give a thorough consultation on the procedure. There were a few things that I wish I would have known more about, but I wasn't aware of the questions that needed to be asked until after the surgery was already performed.

5 days ago I had a mole removed from the top side of my nose. Now my nostril on the side is peaked, and there is swelling on the side of the nose that didn't even have surgery on it. Is that normal? Will my nostril go back in place over time. Will the asymmetry of my nose go back to normal? The mole was 5 mm when taken out and I have a scar that is about an inch long.He said that he had to take out minimal tissue in order to get the mole out. Will the tissue heal or spread out evenly over time?

He does three layers of stitches so that the scar won't even be noticeable.

One inch scar for a benign 5mm mole is unrealistic. Something is wrong. See a BOARD CERTIFIED PS
He is a board certified plastic surgeon. He said that the nostril would start to raise over time and that I wouldn't even be able to see the scar. There is just a slight peak on the side of my nostril that I am not sure will go away as the nostril keeps rising back in place. I have my 10 day appointment with him today to get the sutures out. I will post if he tells me anything new.