I Like my At-home Glycolic Acid Peel - Utah

I'm 29 and feel like my skin is looking ashy...

I'm 29 and feel like my skin is looking ashy and blah. I also have a little bit of acne on my chin sometimes.

I had a glycolic acid peel done at a spa here in salt lake for about 35$ and really liked the results- My skin looked really clean and fresh and bright. I missed that skin the past few years! The experience at the spa was really noce, too- it was almost an hour, very relaxing, and my face, neck and chest got very pampered.

I liked the results, so I puchased my own 35% glycolic acid peel on Amazon for around 30$... it includes enough acid to do several peels and is very easy to use. The first time, I only left it on a minute and I could feel it stinging so I took it off. Every 2 weeks I give myself a peel and I really like the way my skin looks right after.

I have done it maybe 3 times now and I can leave it on about 4 minutes before I take it off. I never have had any redness or weird breakouts- actually, I think my acne on my chin has improved, especially on my neck.

I just followed the directions in the package and I knew that I wouldn't have any reactions because the first time I used it, it was at the spa with a professional. Although 35% strength might seem a little strong maybe, I don't think it's too strong at all.

Thats what I did and when I had the dr give me my peel I payed close attention to what she did and it was simple. Now I do them a few times a year myself I actually found this awesome face cream to follow my peel that works better than any post treatment creams or gels the dr gave me. I use my Mountain Betties 24 Hr protect & Repair cream after my peels, I keep it in my fridge so its cold and it makes my recovery so easy and quick. I use it daily as well and it has helped my overall skin health.

Hi Kit,

That's awesome that you got to try it at the salon with a professional and then you were able to do it at home for what I can only assume is much less expensive. I always thought maybe it would be hard to do at home to not burn yourself, Other community members have mentioned it is easy when you read all the directions. Is this something you will continue with in the future? Do you have pictures? Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

Bonnie, Studio 9 and at home

I liked the experience at the spa and felt more comfortable doing it at home myself when I had already seen the process with a professional. Although the facial aspect was very pleasant, I think I can get the same results at home now.