40 Years Old, Married with Two Young Children - Salt Lake City, UT

I have always had small breasts (small A cup) and...

I have always had small breasts (small A cup) and liked how overall petite I was (breasts, frame, etc). Although I did not breast feed (we adopted), I have lost some volume. I have been preemptive about aging, starting botox when I was 35, juvederm, laser work, etc.; however, I have a very natural look and doubt most people know I have done those procedures. My husband didn't even know until a few years ago when he commented on how well I was aging and I had to fess up. In any case, I am scheduled for augmentation and am very nervous about being too large so that it will be obvious and recognizable that I have had augmentation. My goal is for them to look very natural and that if someone does notice them, they think, "wow, how did I not notice those before?" Right now I am thinking 250ccs, at the most 275. I am a little nervous too about how to handle this with my daughters because I don't want them to think I'm doing this for someone else or because this is necessary to be beautiful.
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Congrats on your BA journey! I had the same issue with my daughter, I told her my doctor was fixing them because they were uneven (30cc off) And she never really asked why they were bigger. Lol. But then again she's 7 so I don't think she thought about it for any longer than 2 min. Shell probably ask again at a later time. I think you'll get a really natural result with either sizes. Good luck!!
Congrats on your decision to go ahead with surgery! I, too, am 40 with 3 kids and am very athletic/petite with little fat. For this reason I keep waffling because im worried about being able to see the implant or rippling. Id love to know how your surgery goes and how you feel about them afterwards. Please keep us posted!
Btw, I just had 255cc textured, anatomical silicone implants. I am 5'2, 105lbs, 32AA. I too, wanted to be conservative and worried other people will notice. I am now 32C/D in VS. Now, a month later, I still wish I had gone bigger. We get so used to the new ones fast, and with clothes, I still look flat. And maybe after all the money spent and all the pain, we just want a little bit more gratification. And lastly, sorry about bad advice in my previous post. Lying to kids is not a good idea!! :-)
I had BA a month ago. I have two boys ages 7 and 12. I was not planning to tell them. Knowing that they will be around during my recovery, I vaguely and nonchalantly informed them that I will be getting surgery but it is private. They accepted it with no questions. I had also googled "how to tell your kids about BA". Unfortunately, I had left it open in the computer and my 12 yr old saw it! Fortunately, he just seemed amused and asked if that is what I'm getting done. I admitted yes, but explained to him that although I am happy with my body, I just wanted my clothes to fit better. And that was that! He was the sweetest kid who was very protective and caring in my recovery. My 7 yr old is totally unaware, thankfully. In my opinion, your daughters are still too young to be burdened with complex issue of body image and self-esteem. I think the less you tell them the better. Just wait for them to ask questions, but do your best to hide the changes. Maybe if they can stay with relatives for a couple of days, and when they come back, just explain that you hurt your shoulders and cannot lift much, if that issue of impaired mobility comes up.
I am 5 days post from my lollipop lift and augmentation. I am 31 and have 3 children 10,7, and 5. I am very athletic and have always had small breasts w/o any desire for larger ones. My biggest problem was that I gained and lost so much weight w/ each pregnancy that they got terribly stretched out and lost all fullness. Anyway, to make a long story short I had mine done is Salt Lake and had the best experience and am recovering better than expected. I went one size bigger than I intended (375 cc silicon under the muscle) and am so happy with the results. They look very natural and my oldest son said he can't tell a difference and thinks it was a waste of time..rofl, but I can see a big difference and am excited for the healing process to continue! Let me know if you have any questions or concerns I might be able to help! Best of luck.
Thank you for the comment and congrats on having the courage to go through it. I put a deposit down at my initial consultation so I would not chicken out! I have been reading so much and it seems that everyone who goes one size bigger seems to have no regrets, especially when under the muscle since I've learned you lose a little size that way. I was definitely dismissing 275ccs, but may consider it. We will see. In the meantime, I am collecting images, which is tricky in itself for those of us who don't want to be huge!
I just posted my before/after pics. I felt like the 375 would be too big for me, and It would be too unnatural for me to be able to adjust. I can't explain it, but it feels and looks like it totally fits my body. When dressed I don't think anyone would suspect that they are not mine. I really think it's important to go w/ the size perimeters that your Dr. gives you at your appointment. I read as many reviews as possible and almost obsessively ..trying to find woman w/ similar stats to see what I might look like..I think it helped.
I have daughters too and I really didn't want them to think that Cosmetic Surgery is the answer to everything but I want them to understand why I am really doing it. So I sat them down and really talked with them and I listen too their opinions and views. I answer their questions. But I am also sharing my experience with them. I google breast sizes all day and I share my pictures with them.God Bless and I look forward to reading about your experience.
May I ask how old your daughters are? Mine are 4 and 6 and I know they'll notice because they comment if I'm simply bloated! What have their questions been so far? What have you said, if you don't mind sharing?
I told my kids that when you have children and go through the birthing process and nursing that your body changes. It's a beautiful thing and really amazing that the human body can sustain another life~ I also shared that once my body was done with that chapter of my life that It would be nice to have things adjusted and put back where it once was before the laborious process of childbearing. It wasn't necessary, but an option and one that would be a special treat for mom. They had some questions, but nothing too crazy. ..and it just wasn't a very big deal.
20,16, and 10.....The questions were why? I told them that I have been unhappy with my breast sizes since I was a teenager and that I didn't feel very womanly and complete. My oldest and 10 year old were more understanding but my 16 drill me. She told me that I was perfect and ask the question like if my husband didn't like them or myself, if something went wrong during surgery.Healing process, sizing, how they would look when I age. Ask me to think about it longer. I answer all of their questions as best as I could and then I share the process with them so they see why it's important to me. But it important to me to express to my children cosmetic surgery, so that they understand it's not a quick solution or quick fix. But careful thought and consideration should be consider when deciding to go under a knife. And this is why it took me this long to decide.