Perlane for Smile Lines - Austin, TX

Yesterday I took the plunge into the world of...

Yesterday I took the plunge into the world of dermal fillers and had perlane injected into the smile lines around the corners of my mouth. The last few months, they were all I could see... Especially when I put on makeup, it all just seemed to settle in the cracks.

I took arnica for the few days prior to the fill and avoided ibuprofen, vitamin e, fish oil, etc. I also slathered my lower face in numbing cream about a half hour before. Surprisingly, the injections themselves didn't really hurt much, dysport shots are more uncomfortable. We used one syringe and filled in those "parenthesis"spots that were driving me crazy.

I didn't swell up much at first, but within about four hours, the areas on either side and under my mouth looked like I had balloons in my mouth! It pulled and ached when I tried to eat or drink and smiling?? Ouch! I used arnica cream, ice packs and popped Tylenol which did the trick nicely.
Today is day two and yes, I'm still swollen, but it's gone down quite a bit from yesterday.

When I looked in the mirror right after having it done, my first thought was, wow! I haven't seen that face in about five years! I looked fresher, slightly fuller and totally myself...it felt like my outside was back to looking like how I feel on the inside. I'm really, really pleased and dare I say, a complete convert to the world of fillers! To me, it was so worth it and not nearly as bad as I was afraid it might be. So far there's been no bruising, which I'm infinitely grateful for!

A good friend of mine found the medspa first and turned me on to them.

I am getting a half syringe of perlane I have lines above my lip. Marionatte lines to. Getting 8 botox n my forehead. I have never done this will I see good results? Help!!!! Before I spend money I'm single.
The lip injections will hurt, but SO worth it. I get Botox regularly and it doesn't hurt. The results are lovely, so long as your Dr knows what he is doing! Make sure the Botox is injected along the hairline and not mid forehead or your brows could drop a little.

How great to hear that your treatment went well, aside from the bit of lingering swelling.

Now that things have had a few more days to settle in I'd love to hear how its looking and feeling.