Perlane for Smile Lines - Austin, TX

Yesterday I took the plunge into the world of...

Yesterday I took the plunge into the world of dermal fillers and had perlane injected into the smile lines around the corners of my mouth. The last few months, they were all I could see... Especially when I put on makeup, it all just seemed to settle in the cracks.

I took arnica for the few days prior to the fill and avoided ibuprofen, vitamin e, fish oil, etc. I also slathered my lower face in numbing cream about a half hour before. Surprisingly, the injections themselves didn't really hurt much, dysport shots are more uncomfortable. We used one syringe and filled in those "parenthesis"spots that were driving me crazy.

I didn't swell up much at first, but within about four hours, the areas on either side and under my mouth looked like I had balloons in my mouth! It pulled and ached when I tried to eat or drink and smiling?? Ouch! I used arnica cream, ice packs and popped Tylenol which did the trick nicely.
Today is day two and yes, I'm still swollen, but it's gone down quite a bit from yesterday.

When I looked in the mirror right after having it done, my first thought was, wow! I haven't seen that face in about five years! I looked fresher, slightly fuller and totally myself...it felt like my outside was back to looking like how I feel on the inside. I'm really, really pleased and dare I say, a complete convert to the world of fillers! To me, it was so worth it and not nearly as bad as I was afraid it might be. So far there's been no bruising, which I'm infinitely grateful for!

A good friend of mine found the medspa first and turned me on to them.