A Lot of $ - Only a Little Satisfaction - Vestal, NY

I had 8 laser treatments (including one try of...

I had 8 laser treatments (including one try of R20) at a dermatologist in Rochester NY at $275 per session for tattoo removal on my foot. He retired so now I am going to a laser center in Vestal NY. I have had 3 sessions with her so far. The black disappeared probably 3 sessions in at the Rochester doctor. Since then the process has been slow and very painful. I have a high pain tolerance (especially when it comes to something I want gone as desperately as this tattoo) however I find that it is getting to the point where I want to give up. I think each time I feel the pain I am reminded of how much this tattoo has cost me (financially, physically and emotionally). I am in over $3000 if I add it up and ---to me - it doesn't even look half way gone. The blues and greens are very much still there. I prepaid for another 2 visits. After that I can't justify spending more money but I do not want this tattoo on me. So I am not sure what I will do.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the community, do you have any photos you are comfortable sharing with us?
Hey! Look at my treatment photos with laser q-switch SINON, have you tried it? My blue has responded great in just one treatment ;) And also green in some spots are progresing to be lighter and even I must say yellow! ;O
Hi there! I've been doing the Picosure laser for two treatments. It has completely removed the blue in one part of a tattoo, and also removed a lot of green in one treatment. I would definitely look into it! Good luck!
You need to find a clinic with a Picosure laser - the Cynosure website will give you more info. It is the only ( very new ) technology that removes green ink. Also, a medical laser practice will be able to offer you local anesthetic if you find it painful. Good luck! l
As luck would have it a Picosure machine is now available at a place close to us. Even though I still have 2 prepaid sessions at the old place I go to, I went ahead and made an appt with the a picosure. It's only been a week. The actual process felt the same but recovery has been a dream. I have had no twitches after, no scabs, no blistering. I have had some minor redness and little red bumps but nothing much. I do see some change but need more time to determine how much. I want to be hopeful but I hate to get disappointed.
Glad you got to try out the Picosure, did you take before and after pictures?