Droopy Eyes, Evil Eye Look with Partially Raised Eyebrows - Manhattan, NY

I have had injectable fillers done since the mid...

I have had injectable fillers done since the mid 90s and have always been pleased with the results. But this last month I went to a renowned New York plastic surgeon (who also practices monthly in Santa Rosa CA where he saw me), who not only suggested fillers but Botox as well. It was the worst experience I've ever had. Not only was I so bruised and swollen that I couldn't go out in public for 3 days, and then only with makeup to cover the purple bruising. Now the botox has left me with droopy eyes, one being worse than the other. And when I smile and raise my eyebrows I get an arch only on the outside of my eyes, giving me an evil looking expression. I will never do botox again, and I will never visit that doctor again. For $2250 ($325-Botox) I got maimed.
Manhattan Plastic Surgeon

recovery and results unacceptable

How are you doing now?

If you had Botox since the mid-90s and loved your results every time, I'm not sure not getting Botox again would be the advice I would give you. It's not exactly the Botox's fault that you are unhappy. Every injector is unique, just like every patient is unique. I absolutely understand you aren't happy with the results, this time. It's not often that I suggest patients see a doctor who isn't in an area all of the time. It's hard for the patient and the doctor to establish a good working relationship and to have proper follow-up if something like this happens. I understand you are frustrated, and upset, and angry. I won't knock that. But I will just kindly remind you that Botox itself isn't the problem and if you have always liked Botox before you should go back to your last Botox injector for further treatments. Also, a few units injected into the right spot(s) will alleviate the unevenness you have at this moment. You don't need to wait 3-4 months for that to go away. Return to your prior injector you like.
I got the impression that this DR was her first with the Botox. She says she got FILLERS before since the mid-90s and then THIS Dr. offered both fillers AND Botox. I could be wrong, but, that is how I understood it. I have had good experiences and bad ones. You are correct. It is the expertise of the injector that you must rely on. The real experts know best how to avoid giving you the droopy eye!
I take back what I said. You are correct. I re-read the original post. In my experience, most people start with neuromodulators and move into getting fillers, so silly me, I read her post too fast and that's what I read. Thus, I change my answer to be as follows: It's still not the Botox. And is an issue with the technique, placement of the product, etc. If you have a good filler injector whom you like, I would be surprised if that person also doesn't have a good amount of experience with neuromodulators like Botox and can probably still assist in fixing the arched look that you don't like currently. I'm sorry I read the post too fast and misspoke about you liking Botox. I understand know that it was fillers you liked, but I will say again, it's not the Botox itself you aren't happy with, it's the person. And a good injector will make a world of difference.
Yes, I completely agree with F. Victor Rueckl, MD. That has been my experience. The expertise of the INJECTOR is the key factor.
Have you had fillers for forehead wrinkles? Was the results better than botox?