Upper Eyelid Bleph - Glad I Did It

I had droopy upper eyelid as age catches up and it...

I had droopy upper eyelid as age catches up and it runs in the family.  The thought of doing bleph was so scary at first.  I did lots of internet research and thanks to all reviewers in RealSelf, in a way you guys helped me make this decision.

I finally did it on Jan 09 2009.  It was so painless that I didn't take any medication at all after the procedure.  The first 2 days I had swelling in my upper eyelid but on 3rd to 8th day, the swelling went down to my lower lids and cheeks.  It swelled & bruised so much that it was almost level with my nose.  On top of that my left eye turned out smaller than the right.  At this point I got very nervous and worried if this would be a permanent look.

However, after about 2 weeks the bruises and swelling subsided almost completely.  Now it's more than one month.  I look completely different, so much younger and it boosted my self confidence.  It was the best $2800.00 I've spent on myself.  I wished I had done it earlier.

This will be my second time having top and bottom of my eyes done. My physician is well qualified but I just don't want to look like Joan Rivers. Her eyes are just slites. I haven't put the cash down yet because I am scared.
Would you recommend your doctor? I live in the area and would LOVE to find someone trustworthy nearby.
probably it would have helped if I used icepack, but anyway I had no pain at all except for the dryness. My eyes are pretty much the same size now but the doctor said it'll take about 6 mths to be completely healed. I'm glad everything turned out fine cos the research I did was mainly thru this site only. I went to one doctor only and within 15mins, I made my decision to go for it. Thinking back, it's pretty daring because I didn't even research the doctor's background. I chose him because he was the nearest to where I lived
Thanks! I hope I am as happy as you are! I wonder if ice packs would have helped the swelling that you experienced. Are your eyes the same size now?
I'm so happy to hear of your positive experience! I am scheduled to have my uppers and lowers done on 2/25 (next Wednesday). I had my pre-op appt. yesterday and got all my meds and paid. I'm excited but terrified! I'm so afraid of swelling and with the thought that it might not go away, or leave permanent wrinkles elsewhere. (I once had an infection that went into my cheek and I have a wrinkle that never went away - unfortunately it can't be helped with this procedure. How much did you use ice packs throughout the recovery? Did warm compresses help later on?
Hello Minnie, first of all good luck to you. I hope everything turns out well for you. I didn't use any ice pack, just handkerchief which I soak in ice water. I was already watching TV on the evening of my op. Pls note you will feel dryness in your eyes, in my case for about 4 - 5 days.
I used ice water cloths on mine for the first week, then alternated warm and cold. The swelling was pretty severe for about the fist two days, but I was lucky as I had almost no bruising and zero pain. I took the prescribed meds for the first two days (better safe than sorry) but after that I stopped. Keep some natural tear eyedrops handy as my eyes were very dry.
What was your doctors name i would like to call and get set up