Upper Bleph-What YOU Need To Know

I ONLY wanted the excess skin above the creases...

I ONLY wanted the excess skin above the creases removed; I told the doctor "conservative"-not a drastic change. They assured me that he was not one to over-do things or give you a surgical look.

I was not told about the post-op: gritty, dry eye, the milia, the "buttons" along the incision, possibility of chemosis-which I believe I developed, or swelling near cheekbones, malar crescents/ festoons. I have had to Rx myself antibiotic ointments along with soothing eye drops, and use 50% Hydrogen Peroxide to clean,on the incisions use Aquaphor, Mederma, Vit. E. But the WORST part is that the incision was placed low on one eye making that eyelid smaller; the incision on the other is a higher, accentuated arch, so that eyelid is about twice as big.

When I go in for checks, they say, "Oh, you look so good!!!" I have to be creative with make-up to disguise this. I will have to wait 6-12 months to have a revision elsewhere, and of course pay again. My boyfriend has to hear me complain all the time. And I have cried a few times.

What I learned is that the outcome is unpredictable and they never tell you the real truth about all the things that can go wrong. I went to a very reputable doctor that works on all the elite people in town.

I would say to WAIT until you absolutely HATE the way you look before you have anything done. Get the LEAST done; not a lot of procedures at once. Draw a picture for the doctor of what you want, if possible. Take a friend in with you for the consultations- do more than one consult. Do not assume he will just do it right. Remind him again right before he starts on the day of the surgery, for example: "Now remember, my Right eye is the one with a little bit more fat/ overlapping skin. Not the left." You are just one patient of many. You are putting a whole lot of trust in the hands of the surgeon, and your eyes are SO IMPORTANT. Do your homework to find out as much as you can.

Dr. Tall, Dark, Handsome does not pay attention to try to achieve excellence-or even something that looks Normal. He fancies himself as one who can do 4-5 big procedures in one sitting-large cases-but he is not as gifted as he thinks.