Lower Eyelid Surgery -Upland, CA

I had my lower eyelid surgery 5 weeks ago and I...

I had my lower eyelid surgery 5 weeks ago and I don't see any improvement. It's even worst than before the surgery. I know it takes time to heal and smooth out, but I don't get it why my eye bags are swollen and darker? My doctor told me Asian heal slower and that I should wait another 1 month to see results. Everyday I wake up and I see the same thing. My eye bags are not even flat! I'm worried that I might have to do the surgery again! and spend more money. Please I need some advice!

eyebags after 3 weeks

My eyebags 3 weeks after surgery

2 months before lower eyelid surgery

this is a pic of me two months before lower eyelid surgery.

3 weeks after lower eyelids surgery

3 weeks after eyebag surgery. My eye bags are bigger than before. I know it takes time, but I'm worries that my eye bags will look puffier than before. I do not want to go on surgery again and I'm only 30.
Dr. Wang

Thanks for sharing.  From your pictures it really looks like post-op swelling to me (I've had a lower blepharoplasty and looked the same way).  It should go away over time, but it is hard to tell when you see yourself day by day.  If you are concerned I'd call your doctor.  It took me a few months before the swelling went down, the average is 6 months!  Keep us posted.

thank you Jill81! It's been more than 3 weeks. Hopefully the swelling will go away soon because people ask me all the time that I look tired!! Your swelling took 6 months? Ok, i'll be more patience! thanks so much!!
 Hope you are feeling better, they do appear more swollen but at least you know that it is from surgery.  What exactly did he do? Just fat removal?  Fat transfer?  Have you expressed your concerns to your doctor?  It is good to let him know as soon as an issue arises, you never know-you spend a lot more time looking at your eyes and seeing their progress, maybe you will catch something he didn't think was an issue.  My doc always listened with an open mind and sometimes he would say how he could see what I was talking about but then would proceed to reassure me about it or how it would heal or what we could do for it in the future.  Hopefully it is just the swelling so you wont have to go through a revision but your right you have to be patient.  My doc had to remind me that multiple times through the first few months!
Thank you Scottsdale1247 for your advice! I know I have to be patient! I will talk to my doctor next week and see what he says. He did fat removal. I'm only 33 and have big eye bags from my dad's side. Thanks so much for writing!
No problem, I am 32 so I understand that you're starting to feel self conscious about that.  It does take many months for your eyes to adjust and get all the nerves and skin adjustment settled in.  Hope your doctor can help ease any worries, keep us posted!  :)