A Changed Life

. I was always a chubby girl.. growing up and most...

. I was always a chubby girl.. growing up and most of my adult life I was always 30 or so pounds overweight. I was fine with that though. October 2010 I ended up really ill (little did I know it I had been ill for a LONG time).. and it turns out I had an auto-immune thyroid disease called, "Grave's Disease". Three weeks later in early November I had my thyroid totally removed.. little did I know it would change me forever.

I ballooned up in weight.. despite exercise and not eating a whole lot.. my health was failing. My endocrinologist hardly checked my levels.. and I reached an all time high of 255lbs.
I got a new endocrinologist and learned my TSH was over 65! I was so hypo and pretty much unable to function. Under the care of the new doctor I was able to get somewhat to a normal range.. it took a really long time. I was also diagnosed with idiopathic intracranial hypertension and fibromyalgia.

My doctor suggested gastric bypass because my attempts at weight loss while on a strict diet and working with a personal trainer 4 times a week was not helping at all.
June 1st was the day that changed my life.

I started at nearly 260 pounds and now I'm maintaining my weight at 130lbs.
It's been totally worth it. I'm a whole new person.
My health issues have gone away (still take thyroid meds though).
I am a distance runner and I firmly believe that's a factor in my success and weight maintenance.

Halloween outfit

?

Happy holidays!

Hope you all had a happy holidays and have a great new year!

Another before & after. :)

Dr. Vishal Kothari

Dr. Kothari is the best doctor I've EVER had.. and I've had so many different doctors with all of my health problems. He is highly skilled and is very caring. He's definitely the first doctor I've ever had that shows me he cares about my health and well being.