Unless You Have a Lot of Freckles, NOT WORTH IT

I am approaching 40 and was looking for mild...

I am approaching 40 and was looking for mild rejuvenation and some improvement in skin tone/clarity. I was promised IPL would do all that and more for me, and after 4 treatments it has done absolutely nothing.

I understand from others that it will lighten or remove freckles or age spots, and to be honest, I saw some lightening of discolored areas, but this was not a major issue for me, and certainly not worth $1,800.

If I had my money back, I would put it towards a fractional laser treatment - IPL is a waste of time and money. Also, this is not a pain-free treatment - I rated the pain mild because I used a topical anesthetic.

If you think that IPL was painful, good luck with fraxel. You will not be out and about for a while afterwards. There is a significant amount more downtime. IPL has a milder effect for what you are looking for. It will change your skin TONE, not wrinkles - really.

As I said above, unless you are trying to remove freckles, there is really no noticeable difference with IPL - the money spent would be better applied to another type of treatment. I have nothing against the provider - she was very pleasant and I have no reason to believe she isn't competent, other than misrepresenting my potential results. There is really no anti-aging benefit to this treatment.